Chiropractor?

Posts from Jan. 1, 2009 to Dec 31, 2009

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

michelle

Chiropractor?

Post by michelle » January 10th, 2009, 2:24 am

Okay, I have so many problems with my back that I have to see a chiropractor on a regular basis. It works for me without having to take medication. Since, I got the ICD my doctor will not allow me to go to the chiropractor. I don't think he approves of chiropractors. I told my doc that my chiropractor does not manually adjust me but uses a small activator that pushes on the area,controlled by the doctor. It is not a hard hitting device but feels a little stronger than someone flicking you. It is hard to explain, but there is no pulling or moving around. My doc thinks the leads would be moved by this. Does anyone go to the chiropractor or have you heard of problems from the chiropractor related to the ICD? I

I am still doing good and I have felt some much better since my ICD. Happy New Year!

Michelle
Michelle

~guin

I say go to the Chiropractor...

Post by ~guin » January 10th, 2009, 2:33 am

Yes, I have seen a Chiropractor for months at a time being adjusted up to 3 times per week on several occassions while having the ICD, since I have had mine almost 10 years. I have had no problems lead wise or otherwise. I mostly have had my neck shoulders and upper back done, but some areas of my back. All with the activator. I have even had my neck popped -- I know don;t warn me -- I trust my chiropractor lady.

Any way that is my two cents.
~guin

michelle

Post by michelle » January 10th, 2009, 9:11 pm

Guin,

I ended up going today to the chiropractor and I feel so much better. Thanks for the post, it is comforting knowing someone has been there and done that. I love my chiropractor and could not imagine not seeing him again.

Michelle
Michelle

jana

Post by jana » January 12th, 2009, 10:40 pm

Michelle -- The only thing you need to avoid at the chiropractor is the electric pads that shock your muscles. Other than that, it's fine.

Jana

jimparter

Re: Chiropractor?

Post by jimparter » January 21st, 2011, 2:18 am

I always like chiropractic treatments.During some pain injuries i contacted from Chiropractor Suwanee GA they well treated me and i felt comfortable.

freckles1880

Re:

Post by freckles1880 » January 21st, 2011, 8:59 am

jana wrote:Michelle -- The only thing you need to avoid at the chiropractor is the electric pads that shock your muscles. Other than that, it's fine.

Jana
You might be talking about the "TENS" machines. I have one and have used it on my back for years. It produces an electrical charge from a 9 volt (or similar) battery. You can get a pretty good jolt. I won't use mine now above my waist. It cures nothing but does relax the muscles allowing a healing. BE CAREFUL.
wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.