Medtronic's Christmas Present.

All posts from Jan 1, 2006 thru Dec 31, 2006

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Mark

Medtronic's Christmas Present.

Post by Mark » December 26th, 2006, 11:47 am

Noooooo, no therapy!! ;) The mail lady rang the bell this morning: seems that Medtronic had sent me several packages. The main news- calender is on backorder... :( But I am sure they will be in soon.

But also to my surprise I received a Bennie Bear with a Medtronic blue heart on him, and a demo Intrinsic ICD that has some weight to it (never realized they weighed so much) to be able to show people when they wonder what I have in my chest.

Just thought I would share that will you all- I have Joe (UK), Steve(UK) and Eve's address to forward to Medtronic, anyone else that wants to add to the list from outside the US, drop me a PM and I will send it along.

Hope the holiday went well for everyone. :D

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » December 26th, 2006, 12:37 pm

Mrk - No therapy is a great christmas gift!!! 8)

Hopefully the calendars will be availble soon and thank you in advance for scanning it for me.

I'd like to get a model ICD too, I will have to ask for one. The kids would really like to have one and it would help for them to have something to show their friends too. I'll have to call and request one.

Hope you had a merry christmas!
Wishing You a Zap Free Day,
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

don

Post by don » December 26th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Cyndie I don't have a model of my new ICD but I wouldn't be surprised to receive one. I have a model of my last one. I didn't ask for it, they just sent it. I've found Medtronic to be excellent with customer service. I also have the real last one that the surgeon took out of my chest and gave me. I've shown them to a few people and they all seemed seriously underwhelmed. I guess this stuff isn't that important if the person doesn't have one.

don

karslake

Post by karslake » December 27th, 2006, 6:41 am

Thanks, Mark, for the info about the calendars. I will re-imburse you for the postage, if you let me know.

About model ICDs, I don't have a model, but do have Blabbermouth Senior - my first ICD - which I had for five & a half years. I carry him around with me to educate people about them. Unlike Don, most people here are surprised and OVERwhelmed!! I think that the more people know about them, the better.

Eve & Blabbermouth 111

Kat

Post by Kat » December 27th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Hey that is cool!! I got to see my intrinsic before the surgury but that was it and it was while they were attaching all sorts of sticky pads to me so I was sort of distracted and don't remember much about it.

Once I started talking about mine at work, I found several people to be interested. I think they fall into a couple of categories, the curious because they know someone with heart problems, or the curious because of the technology involved.

I have my Medtronic calendar at work. I will talk about it at any time to anyone that wants to hear about it. I see this as beneficial to me. If something happens and I am unconcious, I want as many people around me to know what is happening as possible.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

John C

Bear ICD

Post by John C » December 28th, 2006, 12:32 pm