Reading interrogation reports

All posts from Jan 1, 2007 thru Dec. 31, 2007

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Kat

Reading interrogation reports

Post by Kat » December 14th, 2007, 11:13 pm

Hi all,

I just got the report from my carelink that covers the event that woke me up. The report shows that at 2:54:46 I had a non-sustained event for 5 beats. Then at 2:54:48 I had a non-sustained event for 7 seconds. I am sure this is what woke me up. It happened at the same time and it was a NST.

My question is this... on the report, the very last column is titled EGM. The other four events I had last month (yes, I get these montly now due to my club Fidelis membership) in this collumn say NO but that last one for seven seconds it says YES. What is EGM?
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

Keith of WI

Post by Keith of WI » December 15th, 2007, 11:03 am

EGM= Eat Grits Mammy :wink:

Kat

Post by Kat » December 15th, 2007, 11:21 am

Keith... go stand in the corner. :corner:

But of course now I want grits for breakfast.

uksteve

Post by uksteve » December 15th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Kat, Im sorry but Im in stitches here EGM= Enormous Great Mammaries, LOL 'der

Kat

Post by Kat » December 15th, 2007, 3:07 pm

Great Keith, now look what you've done... corrupted that poor innocent Steve. :lol:

TravelingMan

Post by TravelingMan » December 15th, 2007, 4:14 pm

I think EGM is "Electrogram", or at least a portion of your report. The reason for the YES under EGM this month is a recorded event as opposed to the others being not recorded. Not nearly as much fun as "Eat Grits Mammy" or as exciting as "Enormous Great Mammaries" but it is what it is.

Here's a link to more info on it if you're bored enough to read this. http://www.physionet.org/physiobank/database/mvtdb/.

Mark

Post by Mark » December 15th, 2007, 4:15 pm

Come on guys, Kat wants to know. EGM really means Enhanced Gonad Management and had NO BUSINESS being on your report! I'd call carelink and give them a piece of my mind! :lamo: Okay, I feel better now.....

Kat

Post by Kat » December 15th, 2007, 7:42 pm

OK, I see how it is... everybody is a comedian today. Funny Funny, you boys need to step away from the computers now. In fact you should all go to your rooms. Bad boys, no no!!

don

Post by don » December 16th, 2007, 1:14 am

This brings to mind a previous post i referred to about abreviations. It isn't important to inderstand all the abbreviations. You will have to ask your doctor or your manufacturers's representative to explain this to you. It probably means an electrocardiam reading, but depending on your device it may mean something different.

The important thing to understand is what's going on with your heart, not what the abbreviations mean. You had a few seconds of a rapid heartbeat. That happens to everyone. Even to folks who have no heart disease. It's perfectly normal. The difference between you and anyone else is that you have a device to record it. If it isn't sustained to the point of your ICD intervening it's nothing to worry about. IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE. You are normal.

Now go have some fun and quit worrying. You have nothing to worry about unless your ICD fires. If it does you will live over it. It's not fun, but you will survive.

You have an ICD to enable you to live, not to limit your life. Please get it in your mind and believe it. Your ICD won't allow you to die from arrhythmia. You may die from a car wreck or from cancer but you will not die from arrhythmia. Live life. Spread you wings. Have fun. One day life will end for you and for me. I don't know about you but I don't want to die with regrets about what I could have done and didn't because I was afraid of something that is not going to happen.

Yep. I always require a readout of my interrogations. I read them because I don't trust EP's. I understand the abbreviations my manufacturer uses. I've had many instances over the years of SVC. NSVT and all the other things. That information is only useful if i understand what it means to me. Sometimes it means something. Sometimes it means I need to slack off on drinking so much. It means nothing unless I put it together with what was going on in my life at the time and I can put it together with those other clues to see if I need to change something. Sometimes it means nothing more than my heart decided to be irritated at that time.

I urge you to continue to get the readouts from your interrogations. That keeps them honest. From what you have shared you have nothing to worry about. Go have fun. You are not a prisoner of your ICD. The worst that will happen is that you get shocked. You won't die. Trust me that a shock is no fun but you will survive it and say to youself "Well, that was a lot of fun but perhaps I shouldn't do that in the future".

don

Kat

Post by Kat » December 16th, 2007, 12:25 pm

I am going to continue to read my reports and post questions about them. The funny thing is, I bet I knew last year what that collumn meant but I have forgotton. I am going to continue to learn about what I am going through and honestly, my greatest hope is that decades from now, when I am on my death bed my very last words are something like... "Really? wow that is interesting. I never knew that before." then fade to black.

I am not sure what it is in these post that lead to you to believe that I am not living my life or having fun, but please be sure that I am and will continue to do so for many years now. Trust me, I am not sitting in my house hiding from the world.

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » December 21st, 2007, 1:49 am

Hi Kat - Im glad you got your report back and at least know now what woke you up that night... and you bad boys had me cracking up with your abbreviation remarks - he he

Your posts have never lead me to believe you are sitting around worrying and not living life to the fullest, you have the right to ask and question everything or anything you like - heck we wouldnt all be coming here to relate to others in the same boat or for support if we all thought it was just a piece of cake all the time and none of us had any further questions about these gadgets and we were all perfectly adjusted. So you keep asking and learning all you want and so will the rest of us 8)-
Wishing You a Zap Free Day,
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

loontoons

Post by loontoons » December 21st, 2007, 9:18 am

If I didnt ask questions and read this board, I would have an implant sub-Q rather then Sub-Pec.

Knowlege is power!!!