WINTER STORM WARNING.....

All posts from Jan 1, 2007 thru Dec. 31, 2007

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Hoosier Tom

WINTER STORM WARNING.....

Post by Hoosier Tom » December 15th, 2007, 1:27 pm

I know that many of us are under a winter storm warning right now, and some have already been through much.
Here where I am in Indiana we are right on the line. They are saying we could get 5-10" + ice, or could get 8-12". I live just on the south side of I-70 and it seems to be like a deviding line that the storms tend to follow. The snow is supposed to get heavy this afternoon with near blizzrad like conditions tonight, heavy snow tomorrow morning, and finally tapering off around 7 pm tomorrow evening (Sun).
For those of us that are going to be or are already affected by this weather, let's all take it easy and take care of ourselves. My family won't hardly let me get out and shovel, but if any of you do, don't over do it. Take care of yourselves and let's all get through this thinking of happier and warmer times to come in just a few short months.

A special thank you to all again who replied to my recent post. Things have gotten some better the last few days. I guess that with all the family issues and other things going on, then the time of year it just seemed that everything was crashing down around me. I guess I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed. I'm thankful that I could come here to ramble and vent. Thank you all.

I just turned the big 50 yesterday. My wife, daughter, my parents and I along with a few other family members went out to eat at a local restaraunt lastnight. They had live bluegrass/gospel/blues music by some very talented local musicians. We all ate, talked and listened to good music for about 4 hrs and had a really good time.

Well, stay warm and safe, and hopefully zap free to all of you; and wishing a ver Merry Christmas to each and every one of you and to your families as well.

Tom

Kat

Post by Kat » December 15th, 2007, 3:10 pm

Well, Tom, HapBirDay

Now, stay inside, bundle up and stay warm. Let the others worry about the snow... you relax.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

Mark

Post by Mark » December 15th, 2007, 4:11 pm

Happy Birthday Tom, belated that is :cake: And don't fret too bad about the storm, we are expecting 12-18 inches here and then lake effect snow which is always good for at least another foot. Our warning starts at 7 tonight until 7 pm Monday. Wanna trade living places??? :lol:

Hoosier Tom

Post by Hoosier Tom » December 15th, 2007, 4:50 pm

Hey Mark,

I was thinking of you in my first post. I saw that you had some nasty weather coming your way too, but hadn't heard how much. I emailed my brother down in Florida and told him to get the spare bedroom ready because I am ready to go back. LOL.
We got about 3 inches this morning. Since then it has warmed up some and we've been getting sleet/freezing rain, but they say it is supposed to get heavy around 7 pm this evening.
Oh well, I've got a big pot roast in the crock pot. I just added some more veggies and seasonings. It should be good by the time my wife gets off work at 7. I'd love to share a bowl with the family.

Take care all,

Tom

Keith of WI

Post by Keith of WI » December 15th, 2007, 6:38 pm

Tom,

Belated Hb to you! :cake:

I now just watch it fall! Heck if I'll go out to shovel! That is why I'm now living with my 2 sons...

Kathy B

Post by Kathy B » December 15th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Happy 50th year Tom. I rather enjoy the snowstoms. Jim and I just watch the snowplows and shovelers do all the work since they are hired by the association....Gotta love this townhome living. If the storm hits do be careful.
Kathy B
Four open heart surgeries
Lung surgery for paralyzed diaphragm
Seven stents
Stroke
Brain bleed
Pacemaker upgraded to ICD due to SCD episode
Multiple ablations but back in afib 24/7
Loss of my spouse Jim 6-17-2008
Meeting a new Jim
Marry Jim 9-26-2009
New ICD, Concerto and Fidelis lead removal 12-11-2009

karslake

Post by karslake » December 15th, 2007, 9:26 pm

Belated Happy Birthday, Tom. 50!! Makes me feel so old and haggard!!!
Sorry about your cold weather - I envy you - it is so hot here, and still no rain.
Take care and keep well.
Eve & Blabbermouth 111

uksteve

Post by uksteve » December 17th, 2007, 3:36 am

Congratulations Tom welcome to the 50+ club, Mark wrote" we are expecting 12-18 inches " is that male or female inches LOL,glad everything is a little better for you Take care

1sourpickle

Post by 1sourpickle » December 18th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Hope you had a nice birthday, HoosierTom.

I grew up in Pendleton, Indiana, which I suspect isn't far from you. I'm now in the Bay Area, so I miss the snow immensely, especially around the holidays.

Take care,

Paul

Hoosier Tom

Post by Hoosier Tom » December 18th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Hi Paul,

Yes I know where Pendleton is. In fact I was through there twice last Thursday, going up to Peru, IN for a funeral.
It is about a 20 minute drive from here. Will be going through there again going to my brothers house this Sunday for a Christmas get together.
As far as the snow goes............... I wouldn't miss it too much if I never saw it again. We were fortunate this go around though. Didn't get as much as they thought, but we got a lot of rain, then ice with more snow on top of it.

tom

Keith of WI

Post by Keith of WI » December 18th, 2007, 6:20 pm

I dis like the freezing rain with the snow covering it. Hard to drive on and almost harder for walking!