Mark

It's almost time....

Post by Mark » December 21st, 2007, 10:54 pm

for a quiet relaxing Christmas Day...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ruthy

Post by ruthy » December 21st, 2007, 11:11 pm

DCM, V.T , DIABETES, SLEEP APNEA, DCM GENETIC

Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.

uksteve

Post by uksteve » December 22nd, 2007, 5:14 am

Yes a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS to all you special people, XX Steve,Jane & Katie

Kat

Post by Kat » December 22nd, 2007, 3:44 pm

Hey all, I hope everyone is having a great time with the Holidays.

Love to you all.

PS. I may be a little scarce the next few days... lots of family stuff.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

Don36

Post by Don36 » December 22nd, 2007, 6:07 pm

The anticipation is almost over,the waiting almost ended. May you all have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas :xmaswav:
Don36

Karentko

Post by Karentko » December 23rd, 2007, 7:18 am

I know I havent been here much lately..I have been reading everyday to see how everyone is.
I just want to say that I think you all are the most courageous group of people,some of you seem to get kicked and just get right back up..something im trying to do right now..my husband got shocked yesterday(it was not a hard one at least)but its been almost 6 months and it feels like starting all over again with the emotions.....I just needed to tell someone I guess :( ,he doesnt want me telling the kids because its Christmas...anyway im sorry i kinda got off track ..I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas...and a very Happy and Healthy New year.... :xmaswav:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart....Helen Keller

Mark

Post by Mark » December 23rd, 2007, 9:08 am

Karen,

You get off track anytime you like. As you know we don't judge here and will never stop anyone from expressing their true feelings about their life and an ICD. Sorry to hear about your husbands shock, but the upside is he is here to know that he got shocked. I know that doesn't seem like great holiday comfort, but I know how he feels and maybe the holiday with the kids and family may make him a bit more relaxed. You and your husband and kids have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. :tree:

Karentko

Post by Karentko » December 23rd, 2007, 10:00 am

Hi Mark...Thank you.....I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas :tree:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart....Helen Keller

Helen

Post by Helen » December 23rd, 2007, 12:32 pm

Hi Karen, I agree with Mark... If someone were to ask one of us, "would you rather be dead or have a shock which lasts for a few seconds and live and enjoy Christmas?"... what do you think the answer would be? No question, right? Anyway, the shock was in the past and the present has your husband being protected today and so are you... I hope you, your husband and children have a wonderful Christmas...and I wish all the rest of us the same...with peace, joy and love, Helen[/b]
Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.

~guin

Post by ~guin » December 23rd, 2007, 1:33 pm

Merry Christmas everyone -- especially to Karen and her family during this difficult time. But Helen you said it oh so well.
May we all have wonderful holidays and hopefully zap free!
:hrt ~guin
:xmaswav: :xmassleigh:

WHMInc

Post by WHMInc » December 23rd, 2007, 1:56 pm

Merry Christmas. Life can be very tough but the other option is certainly worse. Just remeber the smile that you will see at Christmas. Post some here.

Be well!
ICD 12/07/07 Medtronics - Single lead
Issue - VT

Karentko

Post by Karentko » December 23rd, 2007, 4:47 pm

Thank you all...your right,you all always make me feel better thanks :) I am grateful and thankful for family and friends and especially everyday that I wake up with my husband..I have learned to take one day at a time and tomorrow is a new day and we will be fine..Merry Christmas to you all! :xmasjump:

:hrt Karen

JohnM

Post by JohnM » December 24th, 2007, 11:55 am

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. It should be a nice relaxing day.
John
MI 8-1-07, 4 Stent Failures from Aug 07 to May 08 ,Right Bundle Branch Block, Multiple VT episodes, SCA 10-09-07, ICD 10-10-07, Appropriate ICD shocks (5), Bypass Surgery 6-6-08, Cardioversion from A-Fib 6-9-08,CHF Diagnosed Class II 2-09, Pulmonary Embolism 4/10, IVC Filter Insertion, Colonectomy, Appendectomy and Hernia repair 8-30-2011, April 2013 Hospitalized Severe CHF, and Ishemic Cardiomiopathy, Sept 2013 Removal of ICD and replaced with CRT-D.
St. Jude Medical CRT-D. CD3365-40C and Coumadin for life :-(

Keith of WI

Post by Keith of WI » December 24th, 2007, 7:47 pm

Well yes, the holidays can add stress, it can be sad times, but for us with the ICD and their loved ones there seems a great chance of tomorrow being a better day!

My we all enjoy the holidays, have a healthy new year!