Happy New Year & Prayers Please

All posts from Jan 1, 2007 thru Dec. 31, 2007

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Happy New Year & Prayers Please

Post by Momof2HeartKids » December 28th, 2007, 2:21 pm

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! We had a very merry christmas here and the celebrations are continuing because our family will be here until New Years. My sister and her 3 children are here with us from Texas and my Aunt from PA and my brother as well so we have had a busy and exciting Christmas. It is a full house but I will be sad when they leave. Jake is playing his Wii with no troubles at all and he loves it. I havent been able to get on here much because I am busy hosting, but I wanted to stop by and wish everyone a very Happy New Year!

On a sad note, if you can keep a little girl Alicia Sims and her family in your prayers. She was 11 years old and a friend and classmate of my niece. She was riding a go cart that she had just gotten for christmas and she lost control of it and ran into a parked suv in their driveway and suffered massive head and chest injuries and didnt make it and passed away on Christmas day. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about it, it seems so unfair that there is such tradgedy in this world and I am so sad for her and her family. We didnt tell my niece yet. We wanted to wait until closer to when they are heading back to TX.
Wishing You a Zap Free Day,
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

donahi

Post by donahi » December 28th, 2007, 3:10 pm

Hello
It is so sad what happened to that girl, but it is very happy that you have had a great christmas. Life is so different for people, while one is happy the other is mourning but nothing can be done about that but seize the momments that we have.
Love for you.
donna

~guin

Post by ~guin » December 28th, 2007, 3:22 pm

Oh what tragedy. Her poor poor parents. My love and prayers go out to them and your family.

So happy you all had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year!
~guin

Kat

Post by Kat » December 28th, 2007, 3:56 pm

That is very sad to hear, of course I will add some prayer time for the family and friends.

PS... very well said Donahi
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

Keith of WI

Post by Keith of WI » December 28th, 2007, 6:22 pm

Yes, it seems sad things happen to people every day out of the year, holidays or not, just sadder it seems when young and on a or special days.

Glad Jake got his Wii, and able to enjoy it! Have a good time with the family, we care!

Hope for a blessed New year for all of you!

Mark

Post by Mark » December 28th, 2007, 6:25 pm

That is terrible news Cyndie- my prayers for her and the family.

karslake

Post by karslake » December 28th, 2007, 8:25 pm

Dear Cyndie,
My prayers are going out to Alicia's family. It is such a tragedy - particularly at Christmas time. (a young farmer had come here - in from the bush - and had taken his almost adult family to the beach for Christmas Day. They were playing cricket when they were attacked by a gang of 25. The farmer was hit on the head with his own cricket bat and died the following morning.)

Anyway, I'm glad you and your family had a happy Christmas. I'd like to wish you all a very happy New Year.

Love,
Eve & Blabbermouth 111