dplumb's Blog

For each participant, a special personal 'blog' area to mark with milestones, complaints, goals achieved and many other of your personal thoughts.
dplumb

weight loss

Post by dplumb » January 5th, 2009, 4:44 pm

I will tell everybody what worked for me when i had mi may 27 2007 i weighed 235 and was 5feet 8 inches my cholesterol was 205 triglicerides were 325 good cholesterol 26 bad 45 i now weigh 152 lbs cholesterol 85 yes 85 triglicerides 65 good cholesterol 45 bad still 45.i went to cardiac rehab and they make you go to two nutrition classes. this is what they said eat chicken, fish veggies and small portions and drink 1/2 your body weight in 0z of water. i was the type who drank 1/2 gallon of milk and ate 20 oreo cookies every night. and all the other bad stuff. I made up my mind i didn't want to have another mi so i did EVERYTHING THEY SAID TO DO and it worked. I weighed myself everyday don.t know if that is good or not. I have not cheated yet almost two years i walk 1 mile on treadmill 5 days a week my ef is only 30 so its hard some days but i do it. i drink nothing but water and chocolate soy milk (SILK BRAND VERY GOOD)
I only eat chicken turkey and fish and once a week macaroni and gravy with turkey meatballs. i also have a weight watchers chocolate ice cream everynight. Anybody can pm me or call me if they have questions about specific things or moral support It wasn't as hard as i thought it would be. Good luck to everybody

(Mark helped me so much when i first joined I was ready to give up) So if i can help anybody here that would be great.
just trying to survive all this stuff
coreg cr 40 lisinopril 10 plavix 75 inspra 50 aspirin 325 lipitor 20 clonazepam 0.5 4x a day

Aamos

Post by Aamos » January 7th, 2009, 2:44 pm

I just wanted to say COngrats, your weight loss is amazing!
Good for you! The cardiac rehab program here was good, and Daniel took it to heart as well, losing 20 lbs, but your story is just fantastic.
grins,
A
Amy/Aamos--wife of DanL, who had SCA 6/1/08; 4x bypass 6/5/08 and Guidant Vitality dual chamber ICD 11/7/08