Helen36's Blog

For each participant, a special personal 'blog' area to mark with milestones, complaints, goals achieved and many other of your personal thoughts.
Mark

Helen36's Blog

Post by Mark » December 31st, 2008, 7:56 pm

Helen36's Blog

Helen36

Let Battle Commence

Post by Helen36 » January 26th, 2009, 10:55 pm

Now that Xmas and New Year have passed and all the rich and sweet treats are finished which were presents of course from other folks! I have lost several pounds already and according to my Cardiologists visit two weeks ago I have also lost a fair bit of weight since this time last year. It is the days that I feel so tired that I cant be bothered moving around even in the house, that I feel guilty and tend to reach for the comfort food (sweets) Spurred on by the others here who are trying so hard keeps me going in the right direction (Thanks Mark for setting this dieting group up) as I need your support badly. :roll:

Tomorrow is another day

ScamperAndDreamy

Post by ScamperAndDreamy » January 27th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Helen,

It sounds as though you already have a great start going. I can completely relate to the feeling so tired that you don't want to move, it seems that I am there often myself. Those are the days where it is important to do something, anything. Don't take a risk that you may hurt yourself but try anything to put a little activity in your routine.

I use my 80 year old mother as my inspiration. When I was in high school (a very long time ago) she started to go to an aerobics class with me and hasn't stopped going to one class or another since. Her current exercise schedule is to walk 5 miles twice a week (these days there are no aerobics), bike 10 miles 3 times a week followed by her exercise class later in the morning. It has to be really bad weather for her not to get out and walk/bike every day.(and how bad does it get in St. Petersburg, FL :lol: ). She seems healthier today than 30 years ago. I hope that I can keep up with her as I grow older.

I'll be watching your blog for updates.
Good luck
Cindy (from GA with horses)

Helen36

Re: Helen36's Blog

Post by Helen36 » April 4th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Thanks Cindy for your encouragement, stamina is something that I do not have a lot of......if I had I would feel like going to the cupboard on a regular basis for those cans of beans! I am like the other Helen, have to make excuses to friends and relatives when any distance is envolved but my wheelchair gets me around, all I need is someone to push it......Despite that I have gone down 10lbs but keep sticking, but hey summer is almost here and sunshine will force me outdoors again. One thing I have found is to concentrate on a hobby really helps and takes my mind of eating especially in the late evening, I also drink lots of water, but not tooo much or I would retain too much fluid. wowwow

I will keep trying to eat less cake.............Helen36
Tomorrow is another day