Jake had surgery yesterday

Posts from Jan 1 2008 thru Dec 31 2008

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Jake had surgery yesterday

Post by Momof2HeartKids » August 9th, 2008, 12:07 pm

I tried to post a couple times but for some reason it wouldnt post....I'll try again
Wishing You a Zap Free Day,
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

Mark

Post by Mark » August 9th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Please do Cyndie, sending prayers for Jake too!

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » August 9th, 2008, 12:28 pm

Ill try this agin I think I may have to keep sending post and break it into a couple it keeps logging me off.
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » August 9th, 2008, 12:29 pm

We went in Thursday for his interrogation and showed them the leads that was visably poking out. Turns out the pacing/sensing lead was fractured. They had to turn off the device and they admitted him. They transported him to Boston that evening....
Cyndie

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » August 9th, 2008, 12:30 pm

They did the surgery yesterday. When they went to test they found the sprint fidelis defib lead was also fractured. They end up having to put in two new leads.......
Cyndie

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » August 9th, 2008, 12:31 pm

They just moved him out of ICU about 10 min ago... he needs me Ill type more in a min.
Cyndie

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » August 9th, 2008, 12:36 pm

He is nauseous so he is on zofran, he hasnt had clear liquids yet. They want to cath hime he hasnt urinated since yesterday. I am going to go help him I will try to update later. I had a very hard time with him having to go through another surgery again, Here they put mine in and I sm fine and he and Katie end up with all the problems that I so wish i was having instead of them.
Cyndie

Aphra

Post by Aphra » August 9th, 2008, 12:48 pm

Cyndie,

I'll be thinking of you and Jake over the next few days. I'm sure he is comforted to have his Mom there with him.

Sending positive wishes for a quick recovery!
Helen

HCM and Brugada Syndrome
Lead fracture and shock July 3, 2011
Laser lead extraction and ICD replacement July 25, 2011
Medtronic Protecta ICD

cpeterso

Post by cpeterso » August 9th, 2008, 1:09 pm

Cyndie... Jake and Katie need Mom to be there for them... maybe thats why yours went well... I will pray he is feeling better soon and able to go home... take care of yourself.

Cindy (used to have horses)

Helen

Post by Helen » August 9th, 2008, 6:38 pm

Dear Cyndie, I'm having trouble posting on here too and what I just wrote disappeared.. You know I told you once before how I fell in love with Jake and I've had tears in my eyes since reading your posts.. I wish I could help.. You are all in my prayer and I wish I were there to wrap my arms around you. Love, Helen
Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » August 9th, 2008, 6:49 pm

Thank you sooo much Helen and thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes. He is asleep now, he has a morphine pca so he can press the button himself. The xrays look good. They did end up doing the catheter. Hopefully he will go tonight on his own so we dont have to do that again. He had a couple licks of an ice pop but nothing else since Thursday, I would be soo hungry. He just wants to sleep. Thank GOD the lead didnt completly fracture when we were in Mexico we havent even been home a week yet.
Cyndie

markokc4863

Post by markokc4863 » August 9th, 2008, 6:55 pm

Cyndie, I'm very happy to see that Jake is doing well. My parayers are with him and your family.
Mark

Medtronic Virtuoso DR
Sudden Cardiac Death - 5/7/2008 (my wedding anniversary)
ICD Implant - 5/9/2008
First Shock - 6/9/2008

beachjay

Post by beachjay » August 9th, 2008, 7:47 pm

You are all in my thoughts. let's hope Jakes recovery goes well. Take care.....
Jacky in Texas

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.....Bertrand Russell

BruceV

Post by BruceV » August 9th, 2008, 8:17 pm

We are thinking and praying for you and Jake.

Bruce and Maggie

Keith of WI

Post by Keith of WI » August 9th, 2008, 9:03 pm

My thoughts go out to your family, Glad Jake is now in the recovery process, hoping it is a quick one!