EP Vist

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Leah

EP Vist

Post by Leah » March 10th, 2018, 7:03 pm

Hi All-
I went to see my EP today that specializes in dizziness. It’s kind of hard to explain but will try to explain it. My BP was 140 and I was dizzy it was time to leave the nurse try to walk with me but I fell and fainted BP was 100 when I was on the floor was starting to feel better. He said something about the adrenaline rush. He came running in with 2 other nurses. I go back in 1m for a follow up. Take Care-
Leah

tomrostron

Re: EP Vist

Post by tomrostron » March 11th, 2018, 6:16 am

That wasn't a pleasant experience for you Leah. I am sure the docs will sort you out. They might need to alter your medication . joe

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » March 11th, 2018, 9:09 am

tomrostron wrote:
March 11th, 2018, 6:16 am
That wasn't a pleasant experience for you Leah. I am sure the docs will sort you out. They might need to alter your medication . joe
Sometimes it takes a lot of tweaking to get the right meds for you set up. And things do change with conditions and time.
Hope you are feeling better today. :big-hug:

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

InSync

Post by InSync » March 11th, 2018, 1:07 pm

You've been dealing with this dizziness a long time, Leah. I'm sorry your docs haven't found the problem yet. It sounds like this doc is taking the problem seriously and is following up. Fainting in the doc's office is the best place to do it. Not only was help nearby, but the doc got to see what is happening with you.

My BP got really low for a while and I was struggling with dizziness, syncope, fatigue, etc. When my care was transferred to the local transplant center, I was given a very comprehensive physical workup. I had a cortisol challenge and my aldosterone level was checked. Cortisol and aldosterone control BP and my doc wanted to see if my body produced enough to maintain a reasonable BP. Interesting that your doc mentioned adrenaline. Both cortisol and aldosterone are produced in the adrenal gland and the adrenal glands are on the kidneys. Didn't you mention kidney pain recently? Maybe another discussion with the doc who checked out your kidneys would be helpful. I hope your docs get it figured out soon and you get some relief. Let us know how it goes.
Dilated Cardiomyopathy, LBBB, CHF
St. Jude CRT-D 5/12
The beat goes on.....