what a way to go...

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

ROBO Pop

what a way to go...

Post by ROBO Pop » March 14th, 2018, 1:40 pm

sitting here working on a painting and being the couch potato I am didn't bother to turn off the tele. Apparently some crime show is on detailing an actual crime in Texas. Now normally this wouldn't be a topic for this site but for the bizarre role a defibrillator played.

Now it seems this prominent man in a Texas town was discovered dead. During his autopsy they discovered he had a defibrillator implanted and being creative decided to see if there was any information on the device that might help solve the murder. They got a technical expert to interrogate the device and found some very interesting information. One thing law enforcement couldn't understand was why so many brutal methods were used to murder the man when any one of them should have been fatal. What they discovered was the exact time and date of death. In fact, and this is the bizarre part, it recorded all 8 times of death. They discovered that every time the victim died his defibrillator fired and resuscitated him and his killer kept killing him over and over again.

Can you imagine being murdered 8 times only to come back and do it all over again and again and again and again ...etc ? I don't know about you, but I'm having my defibrillator shut off, once will be enough for me.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

freckles1880

Re: what a way to go...

Post by freckles1880 » March 14th, 2018, 4:35 pm

Had he been a cat he would have gone through it 9 times.

DeJa Moo- the feeling you have heard this bull before.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » March 14th, 2018, 5:10 pm

freckles1880 wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 4:35 pm
DeJa Moo- the feeling you have heard this bull before.

wavhi
shouldn't that go into the stupid corny Freckles jokes thread?

Take this as you choose, but for a long time I have been trying to develop a murder mystery novel that incorporates a defibrillator and just haven't been able to develop the concept. Imagine my shock when this supposedly true story was on TV this morning. My first thought was nobody would believe that bull, just too far fetched.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

DebW

Post by DebW » March 14th, 2018, 9:43 pm

That is a crazy and scary thought!!!! Who would've thunk that????
shrugger shrugger :linejump: dontknw dontknw

blueraider

Post by blueraider » March 15th, 2018, 9:46 am

Zombie....or energizer bunny....or Groundhog Day replayed over and over..could you imagine?

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » March 15th, 2018, 11:22 am

Using a defibrillator/pacemaker in a murder mystery isn't so far fetched as it may sound; after all in a novel or screenplay the idea merely has to sound plausible. But to do it in real life would require overcoming some technical hurdles, like discovering the details of the target's device so an appropriate remote attack can be made on it... unless you're going for something like a scene out of "The Core" (a silly sci-fi movie) in which people who are pacemaker-dependent all drop dead at the same time when the Earth loses its magnetic field. You'd need a way to create a strong enough EMP to disrupt its programming without exploding a nuclear device... like using a magnetic field similar to that used to "wand" passengers at an airport, something that won't bother anyone else walking within range of it.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

codman59

Post by codman59 » March 16th, 2018, 8:04 am

Yeah, I've seen a couple of shows in the past that involved "hacking" somebody's pacemaker; have also seen a few shows where murder was committed by somebody sneaking the victim an overdose of digoxin... The thought being if the guy had a heart condition, they would look for digoxin level, but if he/she is not a heart patient, they wouldn't screen for it in an autopsy.
Cardiomyapathy (reason unknown; suspect viral infection 1998), chf, gout, diabetes, asthma, bad hair.
Medtronics Virtuoso VR implanted Aug 28/08, single lead.

"The generation that would change the world is still looking for its car keys" - "The Rainmakers"

Craig

pfargo

Post by pfargo » March 16th, 2018, 10:53 pm

Most bizarre thing I have ever heard. Have to wonder is it really possible and if so, WHY! lmao4dx

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » March 17th, 2018, 8:11 am

Digoxin is highly toxic, it is one of the drug levels that is checked in my 3 monthly blood tests.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/154336-overview
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.