o/t Beam me up scotty.....!!!

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

mykidsmom

o/t Beam me up scotty.....!!!

Post by mykidsmom » October 15th, 2018, 7:39 am

Ive spent the past 2 years on the edge of my chair biting my nails over the orange you know who..then the worry over our own personal Drug lord (sorry premier) in ontario..

and NOW to compound the agony ive gotta read about Megan and whats his names impending baby for the next 9 months....."why me...why is this happening..why cant life be normal.." I couldnt care if they were having quads just sos you all know.

I want to read about fluffy cats....nice actions and free medicines for all. is that too much to ask for!!! :sick030:
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

ROBO Pop

Re: o/t Beam me up scotty.....!!!

Post by ROBO Pop » October 16th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Funny, the constant flood of negative news daily, you'd think we'd be delighted with something good like a new royal brat, but like you I thought...ENOUGH, WE KNOW WHAT MEGAN AND HARRY HAVE BEEN DOING.

Are we getting old and cranky? Is 24/7 news driving us over the edge
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 17th, 2018, 6:53 am

No its just you getting old to be honest....the rest of us might be a wee bit cranky hehee..

seriously the world is going thro a really depressing time...and it is affecting mental health..how could it not..tolerance is low for everything...basic human values such as respect empathy are hard to find...and i think were all living on the edge in an extreme fight or flight mode..Im personally trying to find my Happy spot in all this....but its hard because with technology were actually bringing the stress into our homes in ways that werent possible before..and your right robo....24/7 news has us all hanging off cliffs...I actually went out for 5-6 hrs yesterday without my cell phone..and man o man what a relief...why do we need this connection in our hands or right beside us 24/7? we dont.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » October 17th, 2018, 7:48 pm

As someone who could take it or leave the Royal Family. They have exploded into Australia, and it is such a warm and positive experience. To see this couple, not only ROYAL but positive advocates for so many relevant causes meet the public and speak so relevantly, then it is really lifting the emotional mood of thousands of Australians.

Yesterday when they went to a Rural Town, Dubbo, which is in the drought affected area, they were able to relate to the people there. Honestly these areas have high suicide rates, because of the drought, and they were able to lift the spirits of that community. The whole town turned out, and you could see the joy on the public.

Also these two, DO NOT WEAR GLOVES, they use a DOUBLE HAND SHAKE, which is hard to believe. They really convey to people that at the moment of meeting them, they are special and important. The little boy who ran to Harry and hugged him, played with his beard and patted his bald spot. He has a disability, but what joy that scene bought to people,

OK they are Royalty, OK they have the stigma of Class and exclusiveness, but believe me, Aussies are not really impressed by that. What is happening over here at the moment is remarkable. This man, Harry, has lifted the spirits of the Community, when it was doom and gloom. Good news is great news.

What he has achieved with the Invictus Games, his openness about Mental Health, his concern for the actual community shines through. I have never been able to understand this enthusiasm for Royals, but today I fully comprehend where it comes from.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

Stella Blue

Post by Stella Blue » October 17th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Agreed. I'm a news junky and even I've had enough after the last few weeks. As regards fluffy cats, I strongly recommend you check out Fluff Society on Twitter, which has proved a great help in maintaining my mental balance. Oddly enough, I first found Fluff Society through a retweet by Peggy Noonan, a very sane and thoughtful columnist for the Wall Street Journal - she has been on book leave so I was stalking her on Twitter in search of intelligent life and there I found - fluffy cats! (and other fluffy creatures).

tomrostron

Post by tomrostron » October 18th, 2018, 6:18 am

Apologies if I am wrong, but didn't it start raining in drought ridden Dubbo, when harry gave his speech. joe

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 18th, 2018, 7:32 am

I know its easy to get caught up in the hype of these occasions...I remember in the late 70s the first visit of a pope to ireland OMG the country got caught in pope mania....the abuse of the church and clergy was all forgotten and everyone was out waving flags and following the pope mobile everywhere trying to get a glimpse of him...and ive seen similar instances here in Toronto including when Nelson Mandela came...now i can seriously understand the hype with mandela, and to some extent the pope......BUT a hollywood actress whos name i never heard till last spring and an over entitled layabout whos only claim to fame is he was born into the right family and when youve that much money being handed to you from the countries coffers no job to worry about its easy to be nice.... i dont get this at all...but then i remember people like Bobby sands who was a victim of maggie thatcher and her ilk...and i remember growing up in a dublin that was very akin to a very poor third world country..Im remember growing up on family stories of the "enforced" famine....and was raised close to Kilmainham jail.......It was impossible to grow up in dublin in the late 60s to the late 70s when i left and not have political leanings and opinions.....

Im a news junkie too unfortunately with a long memory lol....the world is a sad place at a sad place now..... and mentally we are all being dragged thro the wringer in a way thats never happened before so yes....we live in flight or fight mode..the shock and awe approach is working.

This site sounds good Stella....and im glad you mentioned twitter...i just went thro it and disconnected from any political or irritation sites that beep me hourly with the doom and gloom...im going to look for the cats as soon as i have a coffee lol..I dont like cats....but they would be more relaxing than news right

i personally am trying very hard to break this addiction to constant news updates...its hard. how are you coping with your addiction?

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » October 18th, 2018, 7:57 am

Yes the rain poured down while they were there. The drought broke when they were there. wavhi wavhi

Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » October 18th, 2018, 8:03 am

Helen, I am sorry I bought this up for you. I really do understand and I have seen a few documentaries recently on Irish History, and it really does prove to me the strength of the Irish and also I think I can see why the resentment is still there. Mind you i have no idea how you feel, I have never lived there, and couldn't imagine how I would feel if I had. We have had a charmed life over here, so I have no personal way of knowing how you feel. (Waffle over, hope you understand what I am trying to explain)

Well I am now over it, a bit on the nightly news, but honestly they have been broadcasting all day. I wonder when they go to the toilet.

I watch a local news, just our area and rural news. Good stuff, then I go onto a current affairs program called "The Project". They have all the important news covered, but done in a different way. They give the story, but there are comedians on the panel as well as the reporters, and you get doom and gloom and then the topic changes to a laugh or a lighter story. You get accurate insightful news stories, but then discussion and normally ending with a funny story after or a feel good story. Takes the pressure off.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » October 18th, 2018, 11:33 am

Stella Blue wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 10:44 pm
Agreed. I'm a news junky and even I've had enough after the last few weeks. As regards fluffy cats, I strongly recommend you check out Fluff Society on Twitter, which has proved a great help in maintaining my mental balance. ... - she has been on book leave so I was stalking her on Twitter in search of intelligent life and there I found - fluffy cats! (and other fluffy creatures).
are you guys nutz? I will gladly sent you our two fluffy bells of joy.

When I sat down to enjoy my cup of coffee this morning our youngest ball of joy was dipping her paw in the cup and then licking the coffee off. I was stunned until she dipped her hand in again, big as you please.

After getting a fresh cup, admonishing her to stay out, our other cat had a sneezing fit, you guessed it, directed right into my cup. I grabbed the cat to put him down and when I turned back my lovely bride was taking a huge gulp from the contaminated cup. Guess there is some justice in the universe.

So here I sit on my third cup of coffee, locked in the bathroom hiding in the shower hoping to safely get my first caffeine of the day.

Yeah cats will help you maintain your insanity.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 18th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Oh chrissie hugs...im not resentful or upset lol...i just feel in this world weve forgotten how the word accolades came about and the reason for giving them...in this world seldom do those getting them.....work for or deserve them....Kardashians come to mind.!!!!and now in my mind...Prince Harry and whats her name.

I remember my kids growing up...4 kids, one of whom with horrific illnesses and status seizure disorder, we were a very busy family...willie traveled much for work during these days, mircosoft was going to be a thing of the future, so if you wanted to keep up with the news.....you either grabbed a few mins listening to news programs on the radio between ferrying kids all over the place, running to work or heading to the shops..getting the tv in the evening to watch news was like trying to pull teeth...cartoons got preference in our house, and by the time the 10 oclock news would come on at night, wed be falling into bed exhausted.......so...what our plan was.....on saturday mornings wed wake up at least 2 hrs before the kids...willie would run out get a couple of PAPERS. some coffee from Tim Hortons and a couple of boxes of donuts and hed sneak back home....wed sit at the kitchen table.....read...talk about the weeks happenings, sip coffee...and yes at times wed read horrific stories, but we were reading them in comfort, in a relaxed environment and they certainly didnt send us off the tracks with stress, anxiety and worry.....and we had trust in the sensibilities of our politicians...we also had trust in our election procedures, and who we voted for and who was elected was by the will of the people..right now ever aspect of our lives are upside down and trust is gone.

Next doors cat who was banned permanently from our house, would come to visit.....sit outside on the window ledge it must have looked like a norman rockwell painting.....then slowly the kids would start waking up....coming down and breakfast would start and with it whatever plans for the day.....the papers would be cleared away, the table wiped down and that was news done for the week.....well the majority of it...if a bomb or car accident happened, wed check, hear the facts...comment and go on with our days..

is this too much to ask for again......

Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider » October 19th, 2018, 4:13 pm

WTF? No activity on this board for the last 28 hours? I wonder if I asked how could anyone vote for the lying scum bag Republicans that have existing legislation to cancel insurance coverage on pre existing conditions, would that get a conversation started? Or does that fall outside the purview of "support" at least until the patient is filing for bankruptcy when the subject might be brought up again.

If no one has caught on yet, there is clearly one party today that wants to screw anyone with a heart ailment and I do not mean that in a sexual sense.

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » October 19th, 2018, 9:51 pm

RR - You sure sound like one of those dumbazz fake news spewing, too blinded by rage ANTIFA punks. If you would only read the news, you would know that the Republicans are currently sponsoring legislation to protect the existing Obama era law on pre-existing conditions.

If there isn't enough posts to keep you happy why don't you post something intelligent that we might all enjoy.

Alan

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » October 19th, 2018, 11:56 pm

KansasAl wrote:
October 19th, 2018, 9:51 pm
If there isn't enough posts to keep you happy why don't you post something intelligent that we might all enjoy.
Very well said! Now why isn't there a LIKE button on this site?
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

garya

Post by garya » October 20th, 2018, 9:33 am

KansasAl wrote:If there isn't enough posts to keep you happy why don't you post something intelligent that we might all enjoy.
I suspect we would differ in what we each consider to be intelligent conversation. The Republicans have voted 65 times to cancel Obamacare including pre existing conditions. They have been reasonably successful in gutting a program they have screamed about since 2009 and have cancelled the individual mandate which as you know is the third leg to having some at least responsible health insurance. Allow me to point out that while Republicans have bitched about Obamacare for the last nine years they have offered nada, zip, niltch as an alternative.

Now as an election looms, the GOP suddenly" supports" pre existing conditions. Might I ask at what cost an individual policy will be that covers a pre existing condition? Try searching on "where do Republicans stand on pre existing condition" and choose an article or three. I found this one well reasoned and one that you and Trucker might be able to follow.