Concerned scar

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Leah

Concerned scar

Post by Leah » October 15th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Hi All
I had been implanted with a new CRT-D in June and new scar too. My scar still looks like a sunburn after going into 4 months since surgery. My previous scar is a light pinkish color. I already asked the cardiac rehab people who are nurses there said it will get lighter I asked them like each visit. I don’t want to look like a fool. No fever, WBC is normal so what do you guys think? Thanks!
Leah

Leedur

Re: Concerned scar

Post by Leedur » October 15th, 2018, 9:43 pm

Leah.... In 1998, I had coronary bypass surgery (5 grafts). They took part of my radial artery (forearm) and left what I considered an ugly scar, 8" in length. It took a couple of years before it finally looked normal. I've actually had fun with those that noticed the scar telling them it was from a knife fight I survived. Also, I have no wrist pulse detectable in that arm and can literally say "they took my pulse".

A 2nd heart attack 6 years later required 2 stents in right coronary artery and was told the previous radial artery grafts were totally blocked. That was 14 years ago and I am still here. Last count I had 15 scars from head to toe from both accidents and surgeries.

Unless your doctors say there is something of concern causing the redness, don't think I would worry too much. May take longer than you expect to heal. Hang in there.

Ozchrissy

Re: Concerned scar

Post by Ozchrissy » October 15th, 2018, 11:28 pm

She wears her scars like a warrior, for they're a reminder she's alive.

Wear your scar with PRIDE Leah, we all have them and they remind us that we are survivors and still here.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.