FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF ICD RECIPIENTS

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

don

FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF ICD RECIPIENTS

Post by don » July 20th, 2006, 2:08 pm

I got a correspondence today from a family member of an ICD recipent asking if it was okay to post on the board. I realised that our policy may not be obvious enough so will try to clarify.

This board is not only for ICD recipients but for all who's lives have been affected by arrhythmia. Arrhythmia is not isolated to the patient. It affects all who are close. We welcome all family members or anyone else affected by the ICD recipient's condition. We already have some family members who post here. I assure you that you will receive the same welcome as the patient. So, please come here and post. Tell us about your problems and concerns. We can probably help. Add your comments to the posts of others. Your comments are as valuable as those of us, the recipients. In some cases probably more so.

There are two ways you can post. One is to simply use the registration of the ICD recipient. That works but you need to identify yourself with each post so we know who we are talking to.

The other is to register for yourself. I would recommend this way of communicating. Our software only allows one registration per email address. However, most if not all email providers allow for multiple email addresses so family members can have their own email address. Just register a new email address with your provider and use that to make your own registration. Be sure to check your new email address because you will receive an email from us that is necessary to complete the registration.

If you have trouble registering please email the administrator at info@icdsupportgroup.org and we will do our best to assist you. We doubt you will have any trouble.

Other than that, jump in and be a family member. You'll notice that we often refer to this as our family. We mean it. It's not only the person who has the box in their chest, but all the people who love the patient. Come join us.

don
Last edited by freckles1880 on August 13th, 2014, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correct Email address