Hard time sleeping through the night....

All posts from Jan 1, 2010 to Dec. 31, 2010

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

uksteve
Hunk

Re: Hard time sleeping through the night....

Post by uksteve » September 30th, 2009, 5:57 am

Kat Said "but I keep trying that happy balance of vodka and sleep" damn the sleep I,ll stick with the Vodka ,works for me :lol: On a more serious note I was diagnosed with sleep apnea after having my ICD got the impression that the sleep clinic thought that "bad" hearts and apnea sort of go together , they gave me a cpap machine thats got a water system on it ........think I may fill it with Vodka lmao4dx just an idea!! Steve
They say lightning does'nt strike twice...."They" dont have an ICD!!! -Steve G

I believe in re-incarnation , my headstone wont say RIP instead it will say BRB

"The mind is like a parachute, it only only works when it is open"- Frank Zappa (In Memory of Mark)

lostit

Post by lostit » September 30th, 2009, 10:55 am

My dr. ordered the sleep study and it was at our local hospital. Might be worth chking into. goodluck
Anita

Diane

Post by Diane » September 30th, 2009, 1:56 pm

Anita,
I find that Tylenol PM makes my anxiety worse sometimes. I can't take it anymore because of my Long QT Syndrome and the effects of certain medications on my heart. But I can take a similar drug called Dimenhydramine (Dramamine or Gravol in the US), its used for motion sickness but is an antihistamine. It is similar to the drug in Tylenol PM but won't dry out the nose as bad and relaxes me much better without the agitation from the Tylenol PM.
Worth a try.
Diane
Long QT Syndrome
Medtronic Secura DR - January 7, 2009

lostit

Post by lostit » September 30th, 2009, 2:01 pm

I have even taken ambien, but I still wake up around 4am if not earlier. Now my heart is so sensitive to meds, I am reluctant to try much else.
Anita

Diane

Post by Diane » September 30th, 2009, 2:10 pm

Anita,
Early morning waking is a common symptom of depression and anxiety. Maybe you need to talk to your doctor about going on an antidepressant. There are some good ones out there that really help people.
Take care,
Diane
Long QT Syndrome
Medtronic Secura DR - January 7, 2009

Kat

Post by Kat » September 30th, 2009, 4:08 pm

uksteve wrote:Kat Said "but I keep trying that happy balance of vodka and sleep" damn the sleep I,ll stick with the Vodka ,works for me :lol: On a more serious note I was diagnosed with sleep apnea after having my ICD got the impression that the sleep clinic thought that "bad" hearts and apnea sort of go together , they gave me a cpap machine thats got a water system on it ........think I may fill it with Vodka lmao4dx just an idea!! Steve
See, I think will cure everthing.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

rudy33

Post by rudy33 » May 4th, 2010, 10:44 pm

i too have sleeping problems and they are bad it sucks i just watch my wife and son sleep... i tend to wake up at 2am and dont fall asleep till 430 or 500 so when its time for me to wake up at 630am its hell. I asked my doctor and she said that its probably a lot of stress that i am enduring at the moment. but hey i feel for you...i know the feeling..and dont like to take any sleeping aids when i was overseas i used to take two nitequils a advil pm and ibprofine 800mg just to go to sleep...thats one habit i wish not to pick up again.

luz1055

Post by luz1055 » May 5th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Well since I posted that message originally, I thought I would give an update on my sleeping habits, currently. I am thinking that it was all the stress that I was under at that time. I still have stress, but either I have learned to channel it or who knows. I do wake up around 4 at times, but I just tell myself to go back to sleep and it work.

Another thing I have done was watch how much fluid i took in close to bed time. I was walking up 3 and 4 times a nite to pee. Now I wake up once and go right back to sleep. I'm thinking if I start waking more than 2 or 3 times a nite, perhaps I need to check my stress level and/or late fluid intake.

Oh yea, and I do have to take an occasional Tylenol PM, but I make sure I really need it. It makes me rum dummy the next day...duh! Can't deal with that. lol
Lucy

July 09/St. Jude CRT-D 3211-36
7Aug14/VivaXT CRT-D
NI/DCM; CHF, (NYHA Class III,ACC/AHA Stage C); Orthostatic Hypotension; Angina
Coreg 25mg/2x, Digoxin 0.125mg, Omega-3 Fish Oil 1200mg/2x, Atacand 2mg, Spironolactone 12.5mg, Imdur 120mg
5/25/11 Ablation constant PVC's/successful
8/4/11 RV Lead rev (7120/65 Durata) & ICD Pocket Repair (TEE performed)
Aug. 2012 - Dr. Michael Fowler @ Stanford for Pre-Transplant