Wearable Life Vest for Kids

Links to news stories of interest to heart patients.

Moderator: Moderators

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Wearable Life Vest for Kids

Post by mrag » December 24th, 2015, 6:24 am

Good news for parents of kids with heart problems. The FDA recently approved the LifeVest, a wearable defibrillator for children as young as eight years old. Intended for people who suffer from the risk of sudden cardiac arrest, it fills a gap for kids who aren’t able to have a pacemaker implanted due to other medical issues.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/sports/fda ... z3vEiEau4L
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
Wonder if you could use the battery pack to power an iPhone? All in all, I still prefer the implantable version.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

freckles1880

Re: Wearable Life Vest for Kids

Post by freckles1880 » December 24th, 2015, 8:39 am

Looks like another good product. I wonder if the kids would actually wear them all the time? My grand daughter had one of the halter monitors for several days and she would "forget" to wear it at times. She is no longer with us as she passed away two years ago. Yes heart issues were a major part of the reason.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

Suzanne

Re: Wearable Life Vest for Kids

Post by Suzanne » December 30th, 2015, 3:27 pm

There is NO way I would allow one of these to be strapped to my child.

I also would NOT wear the adult version. From all I've heard, and read, there's just too many issues, mostly inappropriate therapy.
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14