It is currently October 19th, 2017, 6:00 am

Weight loss and heart issues. 

Post Weight loss and heart issues.
Since my event in May 2016 I stopped going to the gym, I would add on the advice of the cardiac nurse. I am now 2 stone overweight. Most of it around my middle, and I am only 5ft 2in, and I have a small frame.

Can anyone tell me if they have been successful in losing weight. It is quite a lot, at least to me.

I am feeling better than I did before the attack, but of course I do not think this fat around my waist is a good thing. Thanks, Poppy.

July 9th, 2017, 4:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Weight loss and heart issues.
I would talk to your cardiologist. I am sure that there are several things you could be doing to help with the weight issues. Usually the cardiac rehab team will place you on a set of exercises for you. I also saw a dietitian during my rehab. She didn't say what I wanted but did know what I needed (or did not need).

I lost most of the weight that was suggested by the doctors.

Good luck

wavhi

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my eldest daughter.

July 9th, 2017, 5:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Weight loss and heart issues.
Are you sure the nurse didn't mean stop for a period of time? To just eat healthy and walk regularly should cause weight loss. So many look for fast results and get discouraged then give up. Think long term.

July 9th, 2017, 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail