It is currently October 19th, 2017, 6:03 am

FDA Recalls pacemakers 

FDA Recalls pacemakers
FDA-St Jude PACEMAKER recall!

The medical offices will make the adjustments.

Thanks to Leedur for finding this.

September 1st, 2017, 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: FDA Recalls pacemakers
holy!!!! well you know what..i used laugh when i heard about the prospect of hacking affecting us....BUT since i got this gadget last week....and im connection to a cloud via florida back to canada...come on guys ......we can be hacked lol...

Many medical devices - including St. Jude Medical's implantable cardiac pacemakers - contain configurable embedded computer systems that can be vulnerable to cybersecurity intrusions and exploits. As medical devices become increasingly interconnected via the Internet, hospital networks, other medical devices, and smartphones, there is an increased risk of exploitation of cybersecurity vulnerabilities, some of which could affect how a medical device operates.

September 2nd, 2017, 8:18 am
Profile E-mail

Please note that "This communication does NOT apply to any implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICDs) or to cardiac resynchronization ICDs (CRT-Ds)."

If the pacemaker can be hacked I am sure any of them can be hacked.

BUT!! Who would want to hack my ICD? My family gets the same amount of money from my estate anyway. Hackers could care less about little old Freckles.
To be real there is no valid reason for the hacking, no benefit. Also it would still need to happen pretty close to our units.

VIP's may be in a little more jeopardy.

wavhi

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my eldest daughter.

September 2nd, 2017, 11:00 am
Profile E-mail

first....i care a lot about little old frecks.....hugs.

and your right....its just pacemakers on the radar NOW hahaha..they're coming for us with ICDs next hehe

September 2nd, 2017, 1:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Why do people hack things? Some do it for money, but too many do it just to prove they can and to ruin other people's lives. It gives them a sense of power to hurt others! When they do it in person they're called bullies and can be arrested and punished. When they do it remotely...

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3&p=57099#p57099

September 3rd, 2017, 11:04 pm
Profile E-mail

I really dont understand why either ron...but i do know..if anyone feels the need to hack into any of my equipment id actually feel sorry for them..god love them they must have NO fricking life hahhahaa....cos mine is so boring.

September 4th, 2017, 5:37 am
Profile E-mail