O/T Chat Board

All posts from Jan 1st 2011 to Dec, 31 2011

Moderators: freckles1880, Suzanne, ~guin, Eric, Moderators

JoeNH

Re: O/T Chat Board

Post by JoeNH » November 21st, 2011, 9:51 am

I would use the "old chat" from time to time. I wasn't a real regular chatter. But I did use it.

"Old chat" wasn't "the greatest thing since sliced bread," it was slow and it was clunky, it lacked elegance .... but it worked just fine !

"New chat" simply isn't worth the aggravation. Now, I don't chat at all. Passwords and new passwords and incorrect passwords .... etc., etc., etc. Honestly, I'm not sure what we're protecting ourselves from, that passwords are even necessary. I hate to think myself a simpleton, but apparently my feeble mind doesn't comprehend the necessity for all this non-sense. Then again, I've always been of the view that life is a lot more simple than folks make it out to be.

Essentially, from my perspective, when "new chat" was introduced it was a solution in search of a problem. It fixed a problem that wasn't broken, and of course, the result was predictable. <shrug> Like everything else in life, simple wasn't good enough.

Now I'm sure someone did a mountain of work to bring the dream of a new chat system to a reality, and every drop of their work is sincerely appreciated, but the old system, including all it's short-comings, honestly worked a lot better.

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » January 6th, 2012, 8:09 pm

...still missing the old chat :)
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » January 6th, 2012, 8:14 pm

JoeNH wrote: Now I'm sure someone did a mountain of work to bring the dream of a new chat system to a reality, and every drop of their work is sincerely appreciated, but the old system, including all it's short-comings, honestly worked a lot better.
"Worked a lot better" because we actually used the old chat dancee
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

Klotski

Post by Klotski » January 6th, 2012, 9:41 pm

I was never smart enough to figure out how to sign up, tried once and gave up i don't have that much patience anymore if it ain't simple, its not for me.
Paul
Always make sure your Pony Engine is serviced and ready to go, you never know when you will
need it to start the Main Engine. Paul S.

JR1966

Post by JR1966 » January 7th, 2012, 7:51 pm

The problem with the old chat (as Mark has stated) is that it was a resource hog which means we probably can't have the old chat system back.