O/T Chat Board

All posts from Jan 1st 2011 to Dec, 31 2011

Moderators: freckles1880, Suzanne, ~guin, Eric, Moderators

uksteve
Hunk

O/T Chat Board

Post by uksteve » November 20th, 2011, 12:03 am

Ive realised over the last ???? weeks that members are not using the new chat room ,I know that a lot of you dont like it any where near like the old chat board, and those having talked to me would like to revert back to the old one, how many of you feel the same way? Im not starting a revolution here but I need the moderators here to see the input from you (if any ) ,please be truthfull so this issue can be judged as a whole and what may/may not be done to please the members ..... Steve
They say lightning does'nt strike twice...."They" dont have an ICD!!! -Steve G

I believe in re-incarnation , my headstone wont say RIP instead it will say BRB

"The mind is like a parachute, it only only works when it is open"- Frank Zappa (In Memory of Mark)

Jean

Re: O/T Chat Board

Post by Jean » November 20th, 2011, 12:41 am

Ok Steve I have never been able to access the chat. I get wrong log in or password. I thought just for the sake of being fair I went and tried to long in just now.....it was a no go.Now to be fair I'm sure I'm doing something that is very simple wrong. So I can't say the chat is not good but the other one really was so simple. Have a great evening...
Jean

Cardiomyothapy,LBBB, CHF, Diabetes
Cognis CRT-D implanted May 11,2010

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » November 20th, 2011, 12:45 am

The biggest problem I can see with the chat board/function is that I can never find anyone there when I happen to have time. In the weeks it's been there, I've only managed to be involved in 2 or 3 conversations.

Maybe we need to post some times for discussion of particular topics? Issue invitations? Bring refreshments?
:wink:
It feels too much like trying to get the guys to come to choir practice--two weeks ago we had one with 15 women and just two basses.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

dadmanbob

Post by dadmanbob » November 20th, 2011, 7:33 am

I log in from time to time I do not see anything wrong with it in fact I think it was steve I talk to the last time. Now on another note some times I do not log in and just click on the link to see if anyone is there. It saves me from logging in.

Bob
BOB
ischemic cardiomyopathy NSVT, stent 1 left side 4/5 &1 right side on 6/9 2011
MI Heart attack unknown when it happened 20% dead muscle
CHF-3, PVD, CAD, CKD-3 & EF 35 now 55 12-19-11
ICD ST JUDE 6/29/11, CD2215-36Q, RVA LEAD, RA-LEAD
Med's
AMLODIPINE 7.5MG AM 5MG PM,ISOSORBIDE MONO. ER 120MG, PLAVIX 75MG
ASPIRIN 81MG,HYDRALAZINE 50MG X4,CARVEDILOL 50MG AM/PM, LIPITOR 80MG
Spironolactone 25mg am/pm,FUROSEMIDE 40MG, Calcitriol .25mg mon,wed,fri
ZANTAC 150MG

I welcome my ICD he is Electron a transformer

JR1966

Post by JR1966 » November 20th, 2011, 7:50 am

With the new chat I have to make four clicks to use it.That means that I would have to come here with the explicit intention to chat.With the old chat system you would log on to this site and see who was on chat and even what they were chatting about and often join in even though you logged on with no intention of chatting.

Mark has commented how much work and time he has put into the new chat feature and I can assure you Mark we all appreciate it.However,I personally prefer the old chat system.

Kat

Post by Kat » November 20th, 2011, 11:28 am

So what is this now... Occupy ICD support board? hee hee.

I have to be honest, I was not a big user of either chat feature. I was usually checking in before or after work and during lunch breaks at work. That rarely left me time to engage in conversations.

However, I will say this, I did like seeing who was chatting, the new chat you do have to log in to see if anyone is there. I did for a while then just stopped logging in. However in the old chat, if there were several people chatting, I couldn't see the responses real time... that meant it was harder for me to follow the conversation and I felt that often I had interrupted people in some chats that were really quite personal. In the new chat, you can see everyone logged in, have separate rooms and see chat in real time.

I am not picking a favorite, like I said I am not much a chatter, but those are the two difference features.

PS. I don't want to stop any of this conversation, but I also hope that any member knows that they can contact any moderator at any time through PM, they don't have to keep ideas or concerns to themselves.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » November 20th, 2011, 11:40 am

JR1966 wrote:With the new chat I have to make four clicks to use it.That means that I would have to come here with the explicit intention to chat.With the old chat system you would log on to this site and see who was on chat and even what they were chatting about and often join in even though you logged on with no intention of chatting.

Mark has commented how much work and time he has put into the new chat feature and I can assure you Mark we all appreciate it.However,I personally prefer the old chat system.
I really don't like the new chat.
Yes, it was very slow, but I enjoyed seeing who was chatting and jumping into the conversation, or just sitting back and reading what people had to say.
The new chat is also too hard to see/read...it's so tiny...and when I tried to enlarge the font, then I would loose the conversation.
I say (if feasible) bring back the old chat!! :)
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

jo-rabbit

Post by jo-rabbit » November 20th, 2011, 12:15 pm

Hi,

I may be a bit dumb but I am new here and can't find any chat :duh: Where is it? Or do I have to register somewhere to be able to chat?

Thanks for your help
Joanne bunnydan
HOCM
Alcohol ablation 1998
ICD Boston Scientific Teligen 100 implanted 20th May 2010
bisoprolol 7.5 mg

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » November 20th, 2011, 2:52 pm

jo-rabbit wrote:Hi,

I may be a bit dumb but I am new here and can't find any chat :duh: Where is it? Or do I have to register somewhere to be able to chat?

Thanks for your help
Joanne bunnydan
Look just under the "View Active Topics" above and click on the "Board Index" you will see
Chat Forum (registered users only) on the left side. You do need to register for that also.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my eldest daughter.

jo-rabbit

Post by jo-rabbit » November 20th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Thanks, found it now and registered.

Jo bunnydan
HOCM
Alcohol ablation 1998
ICD Boston Scientific Teligen 100 implanted 20th May 2010
bisoprolol 7.5 mg

Eric

Post by Eric » November 20th, 2011, 4:21 pm

All,

I know when Mark introduced the new chat, I went on and enjoyed my experience on there. I did give Mark some feedback to try and make it better and I believe some of those changes were done.
I asked Mark why he removed the old chat, the biggest reason is the old chat (from my understanding) takes up tons of bandwith.

I personally like the new chat, but as many have said before, it is complicated to get to, not part of this site really and when you do get there, no one is there.

I liked the chat being part of the site when I logged in. Maybe there is a way for Mark to put a box on the main forum page that shows who is in the new chat area when you log in. I know that if I saw that everytime I logged in and saw someone there that I wanted to chat to, I would definetely hop on over and chat away.

Also, some new directions on how to log in may be appropriate along with a tutorial on how to use the chat features.
Say everyone could log in on a Saturday night (or whenever) and someone could take new users through how to do things on the new chat.

Just my ideas

Eric
Eric [bot]

Idiopathic CHF/ EF currently @ 53%, Low point 26%
St Jude ICD implanted 6/2008 Device changed 6/2009
1 Shock (innappropriate), ICD reprogramed 6/2010
Lead revision 3/2011 due to fractured lead
53 shock storm 4/21/2011 (Inappropriate)
ICD turned off May 20111 through 8/16/2011
Lead revision 8/16/2011
VT episodes starting in August 2012
ICD Changeout 2/25/2013 St. Jude Inspire Assura
Too many meds to count
Life is too short, live in the moment and make the best of it :)
Intro is here:http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 271#p75271

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » November 20th, 2011, 5:17 pm

I'm with Eric.

That's on the chat portion, I mean we're not together or anything like that. I just agree with what he said. I've never even met him in person. I don't want Robo Pop to get jealous or anything.
nonsense area-does anyone even read this area any more

dadmanbob

Post by dadmanbob » November 20th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Kat wrote:So what is this now... Occupy ICD support board? hee hee.

the new chat you do have to log in to see if anyone is there.

Kat I use this link and that way all I do is click the link on the upper right to see who is there with out logging in .

http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/chat22107/
BOB
ischemic cardiomyopathy NSVT, stent 1 left side 4/5 &1 right side on 6/9 2011
MI Heart attack unknown when it happened 20% dead muscle
CHF-3, PVD, CAD, CKD-3 & EF 35 now 55 12-19-11
ICD ST JUDE 6/29/11, CD2215-36Q, RVA LEAD, RA-LEAD
Med's
AMLODIPINE 7.5MG AM 5MG PM,ISOSORBIDE MONO. ER 120MG, PLAVIX 75MG
ASPIRIN 81MG,HYDRALAZINE 50MG X4,CARVEDILOL 50MG AM/PM, LIPITOR 80MG
Spironolactone 25mg am/pm,FUROSEMIDE 40MG, Calcitriol .25mg mon,wed,fri
ZANTAC 150MG

I welcome my ICD he is Electron a transformer

brucerob

Post by brucerob » November 20th, 2011, 7:47 pm

I must agree, I don't care for the new chat. I liked logging in, seeing the old chat and maybe jumping right in, I also liked the ability to read the past chats. But it comes back to bandwidth as was already mentioned, bandwidth = dollars, there's no way around it. I think the answer is to come up with a way to make the new chat more user friendly. I think the idea of a box on the site telling us who is in the chat is a big step in the right direction but I don't know if that's possible or feasible.

We have a site here that is free to us, with no corporate sponsorship. It's my understanding that Mark pays for this and all the moderators work for no pay. I know that the moderators were receiving criticism about the old chat and there has been a big effort to improve it. I think we are going to have to come up with a way to make the new chat work for us, We may want to have two tabs open in our browsers, one for the site and the other for chat. I know this isn't as convenient as the old chat but it's one idea.

Bruce

PS: Please do not take my post as anything but me trying to provide a positive view on the situation. Sometimes I have found that there are undertones in my posts that are completely unintended.
Best Wishes to All :)
Bruce

1st: Implanted 5/30/08, re-implanted 6/30/08, removed 5/2/14
2nd: implanted 5/2/14, removed 11/29/16
3rd: Implanted on right side 12/2/16

Received therapy on 7 occasions, all appropriate

Jean

Post by Jean » November 21st, 2011, 12:51 am

Well in all fairness I didn't know didn't know I had to register for just the chat :mutt: opps looks fine I guess I need to follow directions better! wavhi
Jean

Cardiomyothapy,LBBB, CHF, Diabetes
Cognis CRT-D implanted May 11,2010