Remote interrogations how often do you have them done?

All posts from Jan 1st 2011 to Dec, 31 2011

Moderators: freckles1880, Suzanne, ~guin, Eric, Moderators

Helen

Re: Remote interrogations how often do you have them done?

Post by Helen » January 7th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Hi Paul, I get my interrogations every 3 months when I go to see my EP. I've never used a remote... my EP and cardiologist are only a 10 minute drive and I prefer to see a human in case I have questions. I have also asked for a copy of the interrogation each time I go and then I can compare it to all the old ones when I get home. I don't know what everything means on the report but I do like to see what PVCs I've had, how much battery power has been used, etc., etc. Oh well, now I have years of reports to increase my paper files... but you can ask the interrogater for a copy when you want. Love, Helen
Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.

beachjay

Post by beachjay » January 7th, 2012, 5:10 pm

I am with Helen . I used to go every six moths but a new doc has increased that to every three months but I don't have to go far and I get the print outs too. The tech did tell me it only counts the PVCs , doesn't record them unless they are something to be concerned about. This is a Medtronic Virtuoso. I have a cable phone (Xfinity) which doesn't accommodate the remote system at the moment. I have the box sitting in my closet !
Jacky in Texas

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.....Bertrand Russell

Keesha63

Post by Keesha63 » January 7th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Mine does the "quickie" scan each night between midnight and 2. If any of my preset alerts have been triggered it will send a report.
I was just in for my 3 month check and it appears that the only "unusual" activity is some pacing in the upper chamber but only 4% of the time. No biggie. I do a full interrogation in 6 months from home and my next clinic appointment is set for October. Rinse and repeat....unless of course my nightly interrogations start to show something and at that point they will see me in the clinic more often.
~Connie~

MI December 14, 2010 due to 99% blockage in LAD @ 47 years old
1 Bare metal stent December 14, 2010
50% heart damage due to difficulty/delay in opening blockage
Grade 3 LVHF/CHF December 14,2010
Grade 2 LVHF/CHF March 2012 (4% from being a Grade 1!)
July 2011 - 30% -40% restenosis of stent, with 60% blockage in D1
EF December 14, 2010 - April 2011- 30%
EF July 2011 - 30%-32%
EF March 2012 46% (9% from "normal")

Medtronic Protecta XT DR implanted September 8, 2011

diehard

Post by diehard » January 7th, 2012, 6:03 pm

Never heard of interrogations. Never head of an EP until I got on here. That's why I'm on this site, as I keep learning. I'm assuming it's the ICD tech reading my ICD/Pacemaker? I go every three months. Get an EEG, interrogation,visit from a nurse educator. See the cardiologist every 6 months.

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » January 7th, 2012, 6:11 pm

diehard wrote:Never heard of interrogations. Never head of an EP until I got on here. That's why I'm on this site, as I keep learning. I'm assuming it's the ICD tech reading my ICD/Pacemaker? I go every three months. Get an EEG, interrogation,visit from a nurse educator. See the cardiologist every 6 months.
Yes the interrogations are when the data from your ICD is downloaded. It can be completed remotely from home or in a doctors office, hospital etc. I don't know why they just don't say download. Like a shock is "therapy", therapy is usually not an uncomfortable event, unless it's a shock. wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my eldest daughter.

Mitch

Post by Mitch » January 8th, 2012, 3:19 pm

I have my remote interrogations done every three months and go for on-site interrogations every six months. That schedule is adjusted, of course, if there are any events. I can also call the device lab and send a remote immediately if I feel any thing out of the ordinary, like VT or something, and they'll review it right away...

Mitch
Two Heart Attacks - 1989 and 1998
Double Bypass, LAD and RCA - 1989
Chronic A-fib since bypass
Three angioplasties - 1996, 2007, and 2011
Medtronic Virtuoso ICD installed - 2006
First (and only) shock, due to VT - May 2011
Ventricular Ablation - July 2011
Medtronic Evera ICD installed - December 2013
Drugs: Digoxin .25mg, Lisinopril 80mg, Carvedilol 12.5mg, Warfarin 7.5mg, Levoxyl .175mg, Atorvastatin 40mg, Effient 10mg, Furosemide 40mg, Aspirin 81mg

My intro: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 308#p76308

jenlows

Post by jenlows » January 9th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Merlin, my St. Jude remote unit, interrogates me every night around 4:30 am (that's really "morning" but I'm happily asleep). If anything shows up, my cardiologist gives me a call. Usually he asks if I felt anything, and since I'm happily asleep, I never have.

If there is nothing to report, my cardiologist gets a report every three months, and I have a real time, in person, device check every six months. Done by the St. Jude rep who also gets called in emergencies like when I got zapped in October.

Trying to figure out the expenses for these interrogations, I think I've figured out that the remote checkups cost the same as the in person ones, so that means four times a year I get billed the same amount.

Diane

Post by Diane » January 10th, 2012, 1:20 pm

I am supposed to have a clinic check up every June and a CareLink every December. It is now January 10 and I haven't heard from the Clinic. I have a Secura so the transmission is sent automatically while I am sleeping.

Should I call them to see if the CareLink was done or if they forgot about me?

Should I normally get a call after the CareLink transmission to say that it was okay or not?

Thanks,
Diane
Long QT Syndrome
Medtronic Secura DR - January 7, 2009

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » January 10th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Diane wrote:I am supposed to have a clinic check up every June and a CareLink every December. It is now January 10 and I haven't heard from the Clinic. I have a Secura so the transmission is sent automatically while I am sleeping.

Should I call them to see if the CareLink was done or if they forgot about me?

Should I normally get a call after the CareLink transmission to say that it was okay or not?

Thanks,
Diane
Carelink won't call you but you can sign up for an Email that tells you when the download was completed. They will not give you any details about the download as that is left up to your doctor. After you sign up you can check on the site and see when the last one was. go to

https://clp.medtroniccarelink.net/patient/ and sign up. wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my eldest daughter.

Diane

Post by Diane » January 11th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Bob,
Thanks for that info but I can't sign up for that service because I'm from Canada and have a Secura model D234DRG that is not used in the United States.
Diane
Long QT Syndrome
Medtronic Secura DR - January 7, 2009