GLUTEN/WHEAT INTOLERANCE CAN CAUSE IRREGULAR HEART RHYTHM!

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Eric

Re: GLUTEN/WHEAT INTOLERANCE CAN CAUSE IRREGULAR HEART RHYTHM!

Post by Eric » November 11th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Bob - why yes it is, thanks for looking that up. :)

Interesting article to read. My wife has been making sourdough from a starter kit for about 6 months now. I still eat normal bread outside of the home, but her bread seems to not bother me as much as others, also, she does not seem to have the digestive problems with the sourdough that she has with other breads. I believe this article explains why.

Hope this will help some of you out there. :)

(Helen) that is too bad, I wonder if the reaction was due to the yeast in the bread (just curious as the article states that may play a big role in it, also I noticed they used other flour besides wheat (wheat was only 30% of the bread)
Eric [bot]

Idiopathic CHF/ EF currently @ 53%, Low point 26%
St Jude ICD implanted 6/2008 Device changed 6/2009
1 Shock (innappropriate), ICD reprogramed 6/2010
Lead revision 3/2011 due to fractured lead
53 shock storm 4/21/2011 (Inappropriate)
ICD turned off May 20111 through 8/16/2011
Lead revision 8/16/2011
VT episodes starting in August 2012
ICD Changeout 2/25/2013 St. Jude Inspire Assura
Too many meds to count
Life is too short, live in the moment and make the best of it :)
Intro is here:http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 271#p75271

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 12th, 2013, 7:05 am

I donno eric, i sorta think you might be right..Ive also had reactions to stuff i thought was completely gluten free....Willie made the sourdough bread himself...i fiind now being off the gluten for almost 2 years i react to even cross contamination and ive had to stop using the same toaster as the rest of the family a while back..the reaction seems to be getting worse.
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 5th, 2014, 2:19 pm

So hows everyone doing with the glutenfree way of life??? here i am....still gluten free, and its become just that...a way of life.......i now react very fast to even a hint of a hint of gluten cross contamination in anything.......BUT heres the funny thing......my poor long suffering husband has had some issues lately, and i keep saying to him......its youve got an allergic reaction to wheat...and he tells me to go fly a kite........so imagine his surprise when at his physical the other day his well respected dr suggested to him that theres a good possibility that he is allergic to wheat....so theyre running the blood test...hes been gluten free now since wednesday....his rashes and itches have disappeared along with some of his belly, will he admit it might be the gluten? hope its a man thing never to admit when you might be wrong hehehe...which is much of the time i might had....hes anxiously awaiting the results of the testing
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » October 5th, 2014, 3:36 pm

mykidsmom wrote:...hope its a man thing never to admit when you might be wrong hehehe...which is much of the time i might had...
It's a stubborn person thing to cling to old ways of eating, of picking up snacks at a convenience store, dropping in at a favorite restaurant -- and to have to admit that all of that has to go is hard!

I'm one of the lucky ones who figured out which of my cocktail of medicines was causing my IBS symptoms. So, I can now eat whatever I like, but portion size certainly matters more than it did in my trucking days!
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099