GLUTEN/WHEAT INTOLERANCE CAN CAUSE IRREGULAR HEART RHYTHM!

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

tomrostron

Re: GLUTEN/WHEAT INTOLERANCE CAN CAUSE IRREGULAR HEART RHYTHM!

Post by tomrostron » February 2nd, 2013, 11:33 am

Got me thinking this. is the gluten in the flour they make bread with, or do they add it. Also i use demerer sugar, is that ok?. thanks joe.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » June 22nd, 2013, 11:11 am

so i dug up this thread to update and see how everyone else is doing..

its been more than a year ago since i started being glutenfree and boy oh boy the changes...in the year without diet, ive lost 32lbs......lost the brain fog that i now associate with wheat consumption, and my autoimmune disease for the most part has been in remission.....

my daughter is on the same diet...and hey we dont look at it as a diet anymore..its our life lol....and it becomes easier and easier to cope with it as the time goes on...anyways shes lost 24lbs todate..and her heart issues have become less and less.....the 10 year old grandson is mostly glutenfree too..

how are all you guys doing?
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » June 22nd, 2013, 1:33 pm

I'm down 20-odd pounds and have determined that I'm merely gluten-sensitive... and that it's part of an IBS problem, not celiac disease. I have several triggers to avoid... and I can get away with the small amount of gluten once each week at church. On Memorial Day I tried to get away with a hotdog bun... failed.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » June 22nd, 2013, 5:40 pm

way to go ron......im sure your thrilled with the weight loss..you know what i think though, if you have a gluten intolerance and are off gluten for a while, and then even stand beside something with frickin gluten in it you react..

Pancake tuesday here in feb i almost expired over pancakes lol...we'd made a bunch of regular ones for the kids, and then willie made some gluten free ones for louise, liam and i.......yum yum...until 20 mins later i almost keeled over with pains...seems when he made the pancakes he didnt clean the pan......so i think now i must have had some reaction to cross contamination...then for a day or two i was brainfogged.......not doing that again in a hurry lol..

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 23rd, 2013, 7:38 am

I joined the gluten free club also, as I found with my operation (virtually no stomach and 1/3 oesophagus) it was something that I just could not digest. I am now also gluten free and find it so easy to keep it so. I still get problems eating, but that is only because I eat to much too quickly at times, but nothing like the agony I used to get with the gluten. Much more comfortable now.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » June 23rd, 2013, 11:34 am

Welcome to the club, Chrissy! And dittos on the eating too much problem; that's one of my triggers.

Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 3rd, 2013, 3:17 pm

so girls and boys...how are you all doing with or without the gluten....im still living glutenfree and thank heavens its kept the autoimmune stuff at bay....but i had an incident a couple of weeks ago i thought id tell you about...the local fancy coffee place has absolutely nuttin glutenfree...except the coffee...so i know i cant eat there..so i get their coffee only....and on the side of the saucer they put a small biscotti to be fancy im guessing lol....either way i cant eat it.. and a couple of weeks ago while i was there, i lifted the biscotti off my saucer....within the hour i was covered in an ugly red rash....had breathing problems..and total brain fog....the result being two trips to the drs and 4 or 5 days in bed....i sorta figured maybe id eaten something with some gluten without being aware of it......cut to yesterday.....in i go...grab a coffee, and the usual biscotti is sitting on the saucer...so i asked willie to remove it.....and then im thinking...maybe...just maybe im reacting to some cross contamination so i asked him to put the biscotti back...guess what..im covered in a bloomin rash...not as bad as before though thank heavens...i feel like ive eaten a bag of ants....and im not happy...i think ive discovered now im totally reacting to anything with wheat even touching anything im drinking or eating!!! anyone else have this issue?

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » November 3rd, 2013, 5:15 pm

mykidsmom wrote:i think ive discovered now im totally reacting to anything with wheat even touching anything im drinking or eating!!! anyone else have this issue?
A friend's sister has full-fledged celiac disease. Her husband had to go gluten-free else she'd react when he kissed her.

And when I was taking Janumet for diabetes, I couldn't handle bread without reacting. Now I can at least make French toast for the family.

Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...

LisaAye

Post by LisaAye » November 3rd, 2013, 11:54 pm

Hi Tracey,
It's been a long time since I have seen you on here, good to see you here again. Glad to hear that your doing well. Very interesting to see how well you are doing with a Gluten free diet, good information. Thanks for sharing

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 4th, 2013, 6:12 pm

ok...thats it...willies gotta go.....im probably allergic to cross contamination from him.......darn it.....just as i was getting used to him too.

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » November 4th, 2013, 9:56 pm

My willie went away right after my heart blew up. :runaway:

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 4th, 2013, 10:38 pm

so did mine hehehe..he got pts after he revived me lol...

Eric

Post by Eric » November 11th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Read an interesting article recently (wish I could find it) that Sourdough bread has been shown to not affect gluten intolerant/celiac diseased patients as much as normal bread, even to the point of causing absolutely no reaction in some patients.
They believe this is due to the way that Sourdough is made with the yeast and the fermenting period.
I will try and find the article, but was really interesting.
Eric [bot]

Idiopathic CHF/ EF currently @ 53%, Low point 26%
St Jude ICD implanted 6/2008 Device changed 6/2009
1 Shock (innappropriate), ICD reprogramed 6/2010
Lead revision 3/2011 due to fractured lead
53 shock storm 4/21/2011 (Inappropriate)
ICD turned off May 20111 through 8/16/2011
Lead revision 8/16/2011
VT episodes starting in August 2012
ICD Changeout 2/25/2013 St. Jude Inspire Assura
Too many meds to count
Life is too short, live in the moment and make the best of it :)
Intro is here:http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 271#p75271

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » November 11th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 11th, 2013, 7:12 pm

i have to say though..if you have a really bad reaction to wheat...be careful of the sour dough breads...i had my worst reaction ever from them