OT-EXPLANATION NEEDED

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Ozchrissy

OT-EXPLANATION NEEDED

Post by Ozchrissy » August 28th, 2012, 12:07 am

Hi all, and thank you everyone for your kind words. I am sorry I was very snappy but I was probably over reacting to what I saw as a complaint about my beloved board. I know that all topics here are discussed, that we do not only concentrate on ICD issues, but I didn't take into account of course, that those newer to the board were not here for those conversations. Just a hint, if you have a question, ask it, but don't presume that you are the first one to ask it. We all have posed the heavy questions, and the depth of the board is very apparent. If you do a search you will find that all of the hard topics have been covered. But we don't mind talking about them again, we all benefit from these topics.

I am doing it hard at the moment, after my surgeon's visit, the reality of my upcoming surgery really hit home. To briefly explain what will happen is it will take at least 8 hours, they will be deflating my right lung and cutting through a few ribs to allow access to the esophagus. I will also be having a feeding tube inserted in my intestine, my stomach will be reduced to a tube, my esophagus will be shortened by 15cm and my tube stomach will be re-attached to it. My stomach will be in the middle of my chest. Also I may loose my spleen as there could be connective tissue between it and my stomach, and it could bleed.

Needless to say I am chit scared of this operation, and the fact that I still have two weeks before the procedure, makes me very stressed. I will be in hospital for at least 2 weeks, and it will be 3 months recovery.

I apologise if I have upset anyone, I am very precious and prickly at the moment. This is why I am taking a bit of a break and spending a lot of time back and forth to a friends property. I cannot guarantee that I will be rational at all times, and I do not want to damage the relationships on this board. There could be a lot more 'hissy fits' before the 10th September. Wish it was tomorrow, but my bloods were not good as a result of the chemo, so I need this extra time to get my strength back.

I will be back, you can count on that, and will check out the board of course, but may not be commenting as much as before. Love you all, and hope you all stay well.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

attagirl

Re: OT-EXPLANATION NEEDED

Post by attagirl » August 28th, 2012, 12:33 am

God Bless Chrissy. You are in my thoughts and prayers
*~Dot~*

Biotronik Lumax 540 VR-T
Implant Date May 26th 2011
Hereditary Cardiomyopathy
Family History of SCD
Asthma

Medications:
Carvedilol 18.75 mg 2x Daily
Lisinopril 2.5 mg 1x Daily
Spironolactone 25 mg 1x Daily
Furosemide 20 mg 1x Daily
ASA 81 mg 1x Daily
Symbicort 160/4.5 2x Daily

Supplements:
Alive Women's Multi Vitamin
iFlora Multi Probiotic
CoQ10
L-Carnitine
Vitamin D-3

tahdahh

my2kidsrk

Post by my2kidsrk » August 28th, 2012, 12:42 am

Anticipation is always the worse part. Im so sorry you have to go through all the things you are going through. I will be thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery. Katie
Katie :)

NOV 1997 Medtronic VR Implanted
About 3 yrs later 2 inappropriate shocks
JULY 2005 New Maximo VR Implanted..Same leads
2007 Appropriate shock during sleep
2011 Appropriate shock / passed out

Zebeta 5 mg/ Paxil 40mg/ Xanax as needed

efpat

Post by efpat » August 28th, 2012, 5:05 am

Everyone can get snippy from time to time and with what you are facing its amazing how you are keeping it together.
Evan

Cardiomyopathy, LBBB, St. Jude Promote Plus CRT-D Installed Nov 9, 2009, QRS Duration - 180, EF - 25-30, EF NOW IS 50+!!!!!!

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » August 28th, 2012, 8:22 am

You are still on my good side. We love you and need to to get back to health.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

Jim and Sparky

Post by Jim and Sparky » August 28th, 2012, 8:25 am

Oh Chrissy, you know how I feel about you! Bounce back soon!

Jim
MI 1/21/11; SCA's 2/3/11 and 2/4/11
I have a Boston Scientific Teligen ICD and a Boston Scientific Promus stent,
I guess my cardiologist is sort of a BS kind of guy.

Two rules to live by:
1) Don't sweat the small stuff!
2) It's all small stuff!

My Intro is on this page: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 917#p74917

ricatlga

Post by ricatlga » August 28th, 2012, 8:48 am

Chrissy -

Certainly understand the feelings. When I had to have my mitral valve repaired, I just wanted to get on with it and have it done. Those last couple of weeks waiting can be a trial. We love you and are thinking of you always. Get your strength up and do what you have to do to stay sane in the interim.
Raymund
Replaced ICD 8/30/18 with Medtronic Visia AF SureScan MRI ICD
Ablation May 2012 - Sotalol discontinued in September
VF unknown cause 1/19/2010, Medtronic Secura-VR 1-22-10
Mitral valve repair Dec 2007

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » August 28th, 2012, 10:01 am

No explanation necessary, however just some food for thought...If you hang around me, no matter what you do, you'll look like the normal one. Or would that make us the prickly pear? (hmmm, a little desert humor)
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

*karenb*

Post by *karenb* » August 28th, 2012, 10:05 am

Hey Chrissy,

I'm here for you, along with the rest pof the gang! I understand completely about getting snippy - I don't even have the excuse of major, scary surgery coming up and I can still get narky and recently posted something that could be read as quite nasty and sarcastic - regretted it afterward, but by then it was too late! Friends are therefor the bad times as well as the good and those of us who've been around a while (and I'm sure newbies too!) understand. We want you here - even if you do feel like you're being snippy!

If you ever feel like a private snipfest you can pm me anytime and we can moan together!!

Here's one of my favourite 'bitch' quotes': "I'm an angel honest. The horns are just there to keep my halo straight"

((((((Chrissy))))))
CPVT
First ICD 2004.
Current ICD implanted 09/06

*karenb*

Post by *karenb* » August 28th, 2012, 10:08 am

Couldn't resist this one either:

If life hands you lemons........throw them at people. lmao4dx
CPVT
First ICD 2004.
Current ICD implanted 09/06

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » August 28th, 2012, 7:42 pm

Considering all your going through, I continue to admire your strength and coping skills.
As always, I continue to pray for you Chrissy.
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

AlexK

Post by AlexK » August 28th, 2012, 8:01 pm

I didn't think you were all that snippy.

On the other hand, after my first wife that's a pretty high bar to cross for anyone.

Plus I take beta-blocker.

*smooth saxophone music*
August 1, 2007, died; CPR restored
August 3, 2007 implant Medtronic Pacemaker/Defibrillator
Coreg and Atacand daily
"In the end, everything is just a gag," -- Charlie Chaplin

Mike Thurston

Post by Mike Thurston » August 29th, 2012, 6:39 am

Love and positive vibes coming your way from Indiana Chrissy. You have a great team assembled both here and at the Hospital. We will all send you our Angels and support. Take the drugs they offer and go to that special place in your soul where you feel at peace. You are one of the most courageous people I have ever been associated with and will do the best you can.
" If you smile at me I will understand , because that is something everybody, everywhere does in the same language"

JR1966

Post by JR1966 » August 29th, 2012, 7:00 am

*karenb* wrote:Couldn't resist this one either:

If life hands you lemons........throw them at people. lmao4dx
:D Love that one Karen.

Sending you my best thoughts Chrissy

beachjay

Post by beachjay » August 29th, 2012, 9:30 am

'Busy waiting' is the worst. Build up your strength for the 10th. You are in my thoughts.....
Jacky in Texas

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.....Bertrand Russell