Question about V-tach and Pain

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Eric

Re: Question about V-tach and Pain

Post by Eric » January 29th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Robo - for your enjoyment.

Well results were in, it has finally been decided I am officially crazy, in other words nothing obvious was found. I looked right at the doc today and asked him, "Am I crazy?" He luckily is just as crazy as I am and said "Nope, still wish we could get an MRI". Looking at the images (loved having the chance to sit there, look at the images with my doc and have him explain what I was looking at) there is a small possibility that I have a lesion, tumor or growth right around my T5 to T6 joint. This is where the nerve branches off that is responsible for the area where I feel the pain. The doctor, not being a radiologist, really wanted to get a second, third and more opinions. In other words, he is not sure what he is seeing is real or an artifact of the CT scan. He is attending a conference this week with other doctors and I have given him my permission to take my images and show them to other doctors to hopefully determine if anything was found or not. So I have gotten the images transferred to a DVD and he will be taking that with him.
I also broached the subject with him about him, my family doc and my EP all sitting down and discussing whether I would benefit from an MRI. He said until he can confirm or deny what he thinks he sees on the image, he will not involve my EP. However, if he and some other docs believe I might have a tumour in that area, then he will forcefully try and convince my EP that I need an MRI. So at this point it is wait and see. He will be back early next week, so I should have an answer around Tuesday or Wednesday. I suspect he will call me into his office to discuss his and his colleagues findings.
For some reason, I feel like I am on an episode of "House" except I am of course not dying immediately and my doctor is not hooked on drugs.
Mystery as yet unsolved. Am hoping and praying that I will get an answer soon.

Eric
Eric [bot]

Idiopathic CHF/ EF currently @ 53%, Low point 26%
St Jude ICD implanted 6/2008 Device changed 6/2009
1 Shock (innappropriate), ICD reprogramed 6/2010
Lead revision 3/2011 due to fractured lead
53 shock storm 4/21/2011 (Inappropriate)
ICD turned off May 20111 through 8/16/2011
Lead revision 8/16/2011
VT episodes starting in August 2012
ICD Changeout 2/25/2013 St. Jude Inspire Assura
Too many meds to count
Life is too short, live in the moment and make the best of it :)
Intro is here:http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 271#p75271

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » January 29th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Eric wrote:Robo - for your enjoyment.

Well results were in, it has finally been decided I am officially crazy, in other words nothing obvious was found...
Shall I reserve a room for you at the state hospital then? We have a selection of semi-private rooms, with some exotic roommates to choose from, though none as interesting as Chrissy's new boyfriend.

TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

4EverHopeful

Post by 4EverHopeful » January 29th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Eric I am so sorry you are having such a bad time of it all! consolsmile

I pray that it will be revealed to your doctor and his colleagues what the problem is and prove that you are NOT crazy!! At least this time the heart issues were made known at the zoo, uhm, ER:) I pray that you will feel better sooner than later. Please take care of yourself and keep us up to date!:)
Phyllis

God's prescription for the heart:
O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit
down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me
and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment You know where I am.
Psalm 139:1-3

Non-ischemic DCM 09/11
PVCs, LBBB, leaky mitral valve
St Judes CRT-D (Bubba) 02/12; (Bubba II) 09/17
EF 20% 09/11; 25% 07/12; 35% 02/16
Failed PVC Ablation 11/12
Coreg, Zestril, Asprin, Aldactone, Lasix, Zocor, Levothroid
viewtopic.php?p=87649#p87649

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » January 29th, 2013, 10:54 pm

I'm continuing to pray for answers and solutions to help you Eric consolsmile
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

Eric

Post by Eric » January 31st, 2013, 12:28 am

Ron,

Reserve the room, I feel like I might be checking in at some near point.

Talked to a cousin of mine who is a CT tech about my labs that were drawn while I was in the ER. (I always ask for a copy of all my tests) I was in pretty bad shape (as I well knew) but perhaps looking back on it I should have called 911 instead of waiting to be driven to the ER. Won't make that mistake again, but that it is what is so damn maddening about this whole thing, I never know anymore what is a true emergency and what is not.

Did somebody cry wolf?

Eric
Eric [bot]

Idiopathic CHF/ EF currently @ 53%, Low point 26%
St Jude ICD implanted 6/2008 Device changed 6/2009
1 Shock (innappropriate), ICD reprogramed 6/2010
Lead revision 3/2011 due to fractured lead
53 shock storm 4/21/2011 (Inappropriate)
ICD turned off May 20111 through 8/16/2011
Lead revision 8/16/2011
VT episodes starting in August 2012
ICD Changeout 2/25/2013 St. Jude Inspire Assura
Too many meds to count
Life is too short, live in the moment and make the best of it :)
Intro is here:http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 271#p75271

researcher09

Post by researcher09 » April 12th, 2016, 2:30 pm

Eric, Just went through your thread. Sorry to hear of the ordeal that you have had. I came across Utah Intermountain as one of the top centers in the country in the whole nation for treating VT. Dr. Weiss is supposedly one of the top vt ablation experts and do many of them for the group. The head of the group, Dr. Day is president of the heart rhythm society but I think he mostly do AF ablations. Have you looked into that as a solution for your VT? If so, would love to hear what your experience has been. Best wishes for a settled heart.

Michael L

Post by Michael L » April 12th, 2016, 6:02 pm

Hi Eric,

Sorry you are having problems. I have experienced V-Tach on at least two occasions, according to my ICD interrogations. On both occasions I did not experience pain, just extremely dizzy to the point that I had to lean against something. It lasts between 20-30 seconds as the ICD paced me out of it, then I was fine.

I have experienced a lot of PVC (preventricular contractions). To me it feels like a frog jumping in my chest tring to get out. But, again, not the pain you are describing.

I hope that you find some answers.
Biotronik Ilesto 7 implanted May 5, 2014
CABG 3X February 1998