All about me

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Ericp133

All about me

Post by Ericp133 » December 29th, 2012, 11:46 am

Ericp133. PROFILE

I am 77, retired mining engineer. Great health till something went wrong with a colon resection (2008) and I ended up with A-fib which hasn't returned. May, this year had first v-tac. St Jude ICD pacemaker/defibrillator installed. Device went off in June (12 kicks) and supplemented amioderione With metaprolol. Began to feel some little "dizzies" or "Wobblies" in Sept-Oct not considered important and continuing. Hard to define these things.

Another incident on the solstice (20 kicks) and kicked the meds way up. Didn't work; had another last Thursday (14) kicks. Getting tiresome.

Shipped up to SequoiaHospital in Redwood Ciy, CA, ( I live in Paso Robles, CA) and had ablation yesterday. Piece of cake! Mixed results; they think they got it but can't prove it. Back to wait and see.

Would like to hear from some of you. I have questions. Eric

freckles1880

Re: All about me

Post by freckles1880 » December 29th, 2012, 12:15 pm

howdywelcome I really can't comment on the "kicks" you have had as I have not had a therapy, yet. The ICD thought about it a couple of times then backed off. There are some of our members who have had to have several adjustments to their units and also several who have had the ablation done. Sometimes it take a couple of them to get the heart adjusted. I am sure some of them will respond to your message.
I am sorry you have had issues with shocks and hope they have now been resolved.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

mykidsmom

Re: All about me

Post by mykidsmom » January 2nd, 2013, 10:44 am

wow your defib is working overtime there since you got it eh......and i really hope the procedure is a total success.....after all youve gone thro you deserve to catch a break.....Cant relate to the kicks as ive never experienced any....and am praying like mad i wont lol.....but from what i hear and read here its not a very pleasant experience

good luck!!
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!