Hello again! A few newbie ??

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

danaw

Re: Hello again! A few newbie ??

Post by danaw » January 3rd, 2013, 9:56 pm

srmartinson wrote:Hi, Welcome to the board, the members here have tons of wonderful info. Here are my two cents! Since I was also really young and active when I got my ICD, I didn't think too much of it, I continued to do some pretty high impact exercising (rock climbing, mountain biking, and Bikram Yoga) I would suggest just a bit of caution if you are anything like I was as I unfortunately experienced tons of difficulties with ICD migration, hernia of the muscle which was all likely due to my excessive twisting and movements. Looking back at this, it was not the best but tell that to a 30 year old who just wanted to keep a "normal"active life!

What you will be able to do will still be amazing: trust me! I still run and bike, and hike (I LOVE the eastern Sierras right now!) and I also do yoga but not the heated one. Since you are likely in really great shape, you will heal really fast.

Did you get your ICD subpectorially?

Mine is a big lump above my boob (can I say that??), so I'm guessing it's not. It was a last minute decision, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it? it's still really tight feeling- really tight!
Dana

VT
Medtronic Protecta XT 12/12/12

ClaireCal

Post by ClaireCal » January 6th, 2013, 7:56 am

Welcome Dana
I Remember putting my left arm up and hurrying on here to ask people if it seemed ok or not!
Everyone calmed me down plus it was fine
Others may correct me here if I am wrong but the leads are checked at the interrogation aswell
Also kinda crouching your head down to wash your hair is ok to do. They showed me at the hospital after my husband had been (trying to!) wash mine for a while. Long hair was new to him heh
Id draw a picture if I was on computer but as usual on my phone fir convenience - it's like arms out are ok just not over the head.
You will be fine.
It is an anxious time while there but you will do fine
Oh and yeah you can't do any housework at all for at least six weeks :D :D

Prolapsed Mitral Valve & Idiopathic Ventricular Tachycardia
Catheter Ablation 28-03-12
ICD Medtronic 23-04-12
Bisoprolol 2.5mg
Pregnant for Sept 2013

https://m.facebook.com/claire.callanan.75?refid

Tommy D

Post by Tommy D » February 15th, 2015, 4:35 pm

Hey everyone Tommy D here in sunny Tamp Florida where it all great to be... I have a whole bunch of question and maybe just maybe someone can help me through it al
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.