My Mark

Our former leader of this group

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

mykidsmom

Re: My Mark

Post by mykidsmom » November 3rd, 2013, 2:01 pm

sincere condolences kath to you and your family on the loss of Mark...May he Rest in Peace.
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Chrisg

Post by Chrisg » November 3rd, 2013, 2:08 pm

Mark May you rest in peace.
You are but a short step ahead of all of us.

Kath I hope you and your family find peace at this sad time.

Chris

:snoball:
Idiopathic Ventricular Tachycardia
1st Medtronic ICD Dec 07; 2nd August 09; 3rd on right side Sept, 2011
14 Shock Storm July 09; 5 days induced coma
Sprint Fidelis Lead and ICD Explanted July 09
3 Ventricle Ablations July 2009
Lead Erosion; Leads and ICD Explanted August 2011
Medtronic ICD Re-implanted Right side Sept, 2011
Fractured Lead ; Lead left in and new Medtronic Lead and ICD implanted August 2017
Drugs: Mexiletine .50mg 2 daily; Metoprolol .25mg 2 daily. Omacor

Jeanneinca

Post by Jeanneinca » November 3rd, 2013, 2:11 pm

Kath--A Poem For You with Love

No one knew him like you

No one loved him like you

Your husband's love

Will never leave you--

Memories of him will always bless you in the everyday things that still carry the tenderness of his life.

Clint

Post by Clint » November 3rd, 2013, 3:10 pm

Fare well my friend......I never got to meet you in person, but we were friends none-the-less. You were there for me. You were there for all of us. You gave more than you took. You listened and kept the conversation going. I offer warm - bright blessings and sweet thoughts to you and your family. Mark - you will be missed.

Peace,
Clint Paxton
I am trying to develop a lifestyle that does not require my presence.

JR1966

Post by JR1966 » November 3rd, 2013, 3:39 pm

I'm very sorry to hear of Marks passing, he will be missed.

Leah

Post by Leah » November 3rd, 2013, 5:56 pm

Did Mark have a heart attack? How did he passed away?

MrsLittleDog

Post by MrsLittleDog » November 3rd, 2013, 6:29 pm

I have donated Marks organs. We had talked about it and I knew he wanted to. He was that kinda guy. Now 2 people will be able to see again, his skin will be used for burn patients and reconstructive cancer surgery, bone will be used for bone cancer grafts and to help save limbs that might have otherwise needed to be amputated, collagen can be used for facial reconstruction, and his heart valves (if usable) can be used to help prevent this from happening to someone else's loved one. They said at least 40 people's life could be impacted. I hope, I'm sure they will, realize what a great guy he was.
Mark's (Kramozzam) wife, Kath.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » November 3rd, 2013, 6:44 pm

Kath, that is very moving, not only will he live on in us, but physically in others. Is there anything you would like us to do to help with a tribute to Mark for his funeral or even his local paper. I am sure we would all be willing to express how much Mark meant to us and how his life has inspired so many who knew him. His memory should be celebrated and everyone know how great a human being he was. I know Mark was active in your local community, and I feel everyone should know how well he was loved around the world also.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

Ann Marie

Post by Ann Marie » November 3rd, 2013, 6:48 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. So many before me have stated so eloquently how much Mark meant to all of us and how much we will miss him. I feel blessed by being part of this board and the community where we all shared each others pain and good news. I especially feel blessed that he sent me birthday wishes just a few short weeks ago.

Thank you for sharing him with us.

Ann Marie
If you follow all the rules, you miss all the fun[background=][/background]

Jean

Post by Jean » November 3rd, 2013, 7:27 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. His presence here will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Rest in peace Mark Mazzo and thank you for all you have done for us.
Jean

Cardiomyothapy,LBBB, CHF, Diabetes
Cognis CRT-D implanted May 11,2010

Kat

Post by Kat » November 3rd, 2013, 7:49 pm

Thoughts and prayers are with you Kath. Sorry to hear about Mark's passing. The worries of this world are no longer his but he will be remembered by many for years to come. Godspeed Mark.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

Paul S

Post by Paul S » November 3rd, 2013, 8:16 pm

Very sorry for your loss. With his organ donations, Mark will go on helping others as he did here. That is quite a gift.

Paul S
Paul S, 76, Original ICD 12/2/2002 - Bi-Ventricular ICD 4/5/2010 - A/V Nodal Ablation 6/7/2010 - Bi-Ventricular ICD 4/30/2014 - Atrial Fibrillation, Coronary Artery Disease, Ischemic Cardiomyopathy, Ventricular Tachycardia

Amiodarone, Aspirin, Carvedilol, Digoxin, Furosemide (As Needed), Nitro (Slow Release) Losartan, Warfarin, Zolpidem, Wine, Dark Chocolates, Green Teas, Walnuts, Almonds, & Select Imported and Micro-brewed ales.

Maturity Is Highly Overrated

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » November 3rd, 2013, 8:38 pm

Chrissy suggested that we could organize a tribute to Mark from the group for his funeral. She was thinking we could set up a separate post for tributes that Kath could possibly print out and have at the funeral, or someone could write a tribute as to how he contributed to our lives in here. She really feels we need to let everyone know how much Mark gave to us and how much he is still in our hearts and is loved by so many people.

I have to agree and it looks like many have put some of their notes in this post. I joined about 4 1/2 years ago after my heart attack and these doctors putting this hunk of metal in my chest. I had no idea what was going on and went to a local support meeting at my Cardiologists office. It was there that I learned about this site. I looked around for a few days and knew I needed this group. I was pretty good with computers but had NEVER been on a social site nor posting my feelings for the world to see. Once I applied Mark got me onto the board and explained to me how to navigate and post. There were a few mistakes I made and he would jump right in and fix them. He and the board became some of my best friends and advised me on so many issues I was having. I guess I became an ICD support group addict and began to read as much as I could and learned that my issues were so small when I looked at how so many others were in so much more pain or had many more issues. I know Mark was hurting for a long time but he still kept us up and running. When he asked me to become a moderator I really felt privileged. I have tried to meet the standards that Mark set up.
I never actually met Mark but feel like he was one of my closest friends.
I will miss you but not forget you.
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » November 3rd, 2013, 8:53 pm

Here is a post, a reply, from Mark to me, during the difficult time I was going through, just before I had my ICD explanted.

Re: I'm having my ICD EXplanted on Nov. 23rd!!
Suzanne,

It might be due to the fact that you have been wanting this for so long, that now you have achieved you goal, there might still be doubts and inside you might be thinking that is it safe to remove it. I will tell you personally what I think, and of course this has no bearing on what is right, it is only what I think.

I find it, and I do want you to understand that my knowledge of medical in no way makes me an expert, such as a doctor, hard to understand that your team tells you that you have been cured by an ablation. While 4 months of a clean bill is wonderful, it is certainly does not mean you are free and clear: has this been discussed with you? My last interrogation revealed the fact that I went almost 3 months with no v-tach whatsoever, and with no ablation. I was asked , when in the hospital in May by the rudest, most uncaring pathetic excuse of an practitioner, an EP, that if i didn't getting liked getting shocked for my A-Fib then he would removed my
ICD. I am a big boy, at 6'1" and very wide he is lucky that the day before I had gone through what I did or I probably would have grabbed him and slapped his punky face and tossed him around the room like a rag doll for his attempt to belittle me in that way. By no means would I have my ICD turned off because of the A-fib, but then that is my choice.

With that said, I understand what you been through and it was not pleasant. Shocks can be a scary thing, extremely unsettling and cause an emotional roller coaster ride that no one should have to deal with. I have had shocks so I know. it is pretty extreme. I can say though that my last double slam wasn't as bad as it has been, but those emotions were still there, and I know you have had an extremely difficult time dealing with it. That is totally understandable Suzanne, and i can relate. Your decision is what you want, and you have every right to do that for peace of mind. That is ultimately your choice.

You have almost 2 weeks before that date- I suggest you think hard and long on what you will finally do. I won't say what I would do unless asked, but I am pretty sure you can figure out my answer. You know you will always have our support no matter what you decide AND you will always be a member of this family: ICD or not. I hope you do get peace of mind Suzanne, like the rest of us we all need to experience that as best we can. Please keep us updated, all of us here do care.

I will miss Mark and all he has done, not only for myself, but for many others here too. He helped me learn to speak up and advocate for myself. He helped give me strength and understood much of what I went through. I will always be grateful for his support, understanding, honesty and fairness.

Rest in peace Mark.

Kath, my heart goes out to you. I am SO very sorry for your loss.
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » November 3rd, 2013, 9:22 pm

I, too, will miss Mark although I had very few conversations with him since I came on board. When he did write, he shared real wisdom with me and everyone else.

A hymn that helped me through my dad's passing is "Be Still, My Soul." The third verse especially speaks to what we're all feeling with Mark's passing.
Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
All safe and blessèd we shall meet at last.

Be still, my soul: begin the song of praise
On earth, believing, to Thy Lord on high;
Acknowledge Him in all thy words and ways,
So shall He view thee with a well pleased eye.
Be still, my soul: the Sun of life divine
Through passing clouds shall but more brightly shine.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099