Rain, parades, and such

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

ROBO Pop

Rain, parades, and such

Post by ROBO Pop » December 20th, 2013, 11:16 am

Finally, the big day came. Not Christmas, my Cardiology appointment arrived and nobody rescheduled on me, hmmm maybe the medical staff shops at Target and are in desperate need of a cash influx.

So first up was the echo and as predicted I was invited into a romantically lit room with a bed, a lovely young lady and lubricant. That'll get your heart pumping. She ruined the mood when she told me I didn't look like a dead man walking. Guess she thought I'd look as bad as my records. We chatted and discussed images and sounds while she conducted the tests. I don't know about you guys but that sound your aortic valve makes sticks in my mind until the next echo. Anyway while I know, and she reiterated I need to hear from the Cardiologist, my EF appears to have improved from 22 to 30. Made me feel pretty good about things.

Then came the ICD Interrogation. Now she doesn't use lubricant or a romantically lit bed room but she's still stunning. I know you'll think I exaggerate but she came in wearing boots that extend to her thighs, and I'm pretty sure that thing she had in her hands was a whip. Things are looking up again. Well really her boots were barely above her ankles and the whip turned out to be the cable and magnetic ring to activate readout mode on my device. Still she's a pretty is it girl or lady? So we chatted about mutual interests, such as whether my bill is paid up, as she read out the test. This was the shortest interrogation I've had in nearly 7 years. Absolutely no incidents recorded. She cautioned that doesn't mean I was arrhythmia free but nothing was recorded inside the parameters specified.

So as you can probably guess I left there quite euphoric at the thought that maybe after all this time my heart is improving. I know, I know I have to wait and talk to the Cardiologist on Monday for confirmation, but these Nurse Practitioners are experts in their respective fields so I can't help feel like maybe I am a new person.

Now as we all know, along with parades comes the inevitable rain. This morning I am nursing damage to the back of my head from where it hit the table when Syncope struck. Guess it was God's way of saying nope dummy you still have heart disease. Oh well I'm sure Santa is going to bring me a new set of windshield wipers harharhar
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Colin Pearson

Re: Rain, parades, and such

Post by Colin Pearson » December 20th, 2013, 8:15 pm

A quality post and totally complete in every way except maybe there could have been a bit more about the thigh booted.....

I must ask; how do you cope with the syncope? I know when it happens there isn't a lot to cope with except getting up, dusting yourself off and in your case applying a bag of frozen peas to your head.

I have my ICD because of this and am kept on edge by the thought of it happening again.

Mary Kay

Post by Mary Kay » December 20th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Glad to hear the good news. Yes, as I just posted this heart disease business is very tricky.
ROBO Pop wrote:So first up was the echo and as predicted I was invited into a romantically lit room with a bed, a lovely young lady and lubricant.
So with me when Jose was in charge it was a handsome man, lubricant and a wand. You're so naughty, see what thoughts you are putting in my head.. :mutt:
CHF, Cardiomyopathy and LBBB
EF 20%
St. Jude Bi Vent ICD CRT implanted September 9, 2011
7 shock storm inappropriate due to dislodged lead
damaged lead removed and replaced Sept 26, 2011
EF improved to 50% in December 2012
Carvedilol 12.5 mg 2x
Ramipril 5 mg 2x

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 20th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Oh I am with you Mary Anne, it could go both ways. :mutt:

That is brilliant news Robo, and I always walk away from my 'techs' with the full knowledge of what is happening too. The poor old cardio just confirms what I already know. That is great news, apart from the syncope, but we just have to live with that, and after all that is what our little angels are for, to stop them getting out of control. I would be running around the house and putting padding on all the hard surfaces, I did that for the kids so they didn't bang their heads, so why not apply it to adults. I could just see your house, it would be soooo cute.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » December 21st, 2013, 9:54 pm

Thinking of you ROBO.... :hugg:
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

Mary Kay

Post by Mary Kay » December 22nd, 2013, 11:48 pm

:hugg: Good luck tomorrow, Robo.
CHF, Cardiomyopathy and LBBB
EF 20%
St. Jude Bi Vent ICD CRT implanted September 9, 2011
7 shock storm inappropriate due to dislodged lead
damaged lead removed and replaced Sept 26, 2011
EF improved to 50% in December 2012
Carvedilol 12.5 mg 2x
Ramipril 5 mg 2x

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 26th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Rain on my parade, more like pee in my cheerios. I knew I should wait but it's been so long. Unfortunately, the Cardiologist informed me my EF is still in the toilet, crapper, outhouse, we'll you get the idea. Anyway 22 beats 10. Didn't get what I wanted for Christmas either. ..
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » December 26th, 2013, 6:06 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:...Didn't get what I wanted for Christmas either. ..
Nor did I! But at least my wife won't want to kill me slowly now.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099