INR rate drop

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

mykidsmom

Re: INR rate drop

Post by mykidsmom » December 29th, 2013, 12:38 pm

My girlfriend went to the A&E last summer with chest pains...and they treated her for heart issues for a while..then decided she had either pleurisy or pneumonia......wrong...turned out she had bloodclots in her lungs and they were pretty much just in time discovering them...they still havent found out the reason for the clots...and it took a long while to get them undercontrol....more tests to come in 2014....and theyre thinking the clots are actually coming from somewhere in her stomach now...anyways her INR was off the roof....they wanted it down to around 2 1/2 but it sat at 5 for the longest time despite the high dose of cumadin...and it wasnt till early last nov that it went right down...only to shoot back up in dec...what we didnt know was that she could buy a home testing kit until i read your post here Mr Rags...ive just called her hubby now and theyre right out now looking for one as i type....because they dont have a diagnosis and this thing seems erratic the home tester could in fact save her life....the hospital are doing the inr weekly to 10 days....if id known myself about this id have gotten one myself thro the issues i had..

Mr rags to the rescue......Thanks!!!! i'll let you guys know what happens with her and all the tests to come..
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » December 29th, 2013, 12:56 pm

mykidsmom - All that I got from your post is that neither you or your friend has a clue about how Warfarin/Coumadin dosing/reaction time works. I think it would be better to stick with the Protime Clinic and maybe take a look at their diet.

Alan

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » December 29th, 2013, 1:52 pm

To understand Warfarin dosing/reaction time. https://www.careinternet.net/caregiver/warfarin.php

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 29th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Al you got it a bit wrong..but thats ok..i do totally understand how coumadin and all the blood thiners work..ive been on and off them all...for more than 10 years..thing is..i have an autoimmune disease they cant diagnose, ive been told probably 10 years after im dead they'll have a name for it...and it reacts erratically even on coumadin so how they predict the levels will drop and elevate doesnt work with me.....now it would appear its happening similarly with my friend....remember i told you...they still dont know why things arent working according to plan.....shes having the INR testing done at the hospital every 7-10 days.....but inbetween that.....its dropping and going up by itself...so they recommended she see her family dr a couple of times a week for checkups...it would be much simpler if she had a machine at home she could use every day or so...and just make the trips to the hospital when they are booked...and only hit the E&R when the level shows up higher.......

sometimes our bodies angel do not work as they are supposed to according to plan........I got a text a while ago from her hubby...they seem to have gotten a machine.

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » December 29th, 2013, 6:54 pm

[quote="mykidsmom"].anyways her INR was off the roof....they wanted it down to around 2 1/2 but it sat at 5 for the longest time despite the high dose of cumadin...

Being the expert that you seem to feel you are, you don't convey it very well. Given that, you will have to excuse me for "getting it wrong" as I was only going by your statement.

Have a nice day. Alan

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 29th, 2013, 8:15 pm

Shoulda read my statement then...and im not an expert..but i probably know as much as you do.....plus how to read...

Happy new year to you too al..... :mutt: :mutt:

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » December 29th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Really, you should quit while you still have a shred of dignity left.

(1) Shoulda read my statement then..(2) and im not an expert..(3) but i probably know as much as you do.....(4)plus how to read...

(1) I did, even quoted it. (2) No, your not. (3) Nope. (4) Doesn't mean squat without comprehension.

[quote="mykidsmom"].anyways her INR was off the roof....they wanted it down to around 2 1/2 but it sat at 5 for the longest time despite the high dose of cumadin...

The protocol for an INR of 5 is to take the patient off Coumadin for 2 days. Not give them a high dosage. The more Coumadin, the higher the INR.

May you find a pot of gold in your Lucky Charms tomorrow morning. Alan

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 29th, 2013, 10:43 pm

"(1) Shoulda read my statement then..(2) and im not an expert..(3) but i probably know as much as you do.....(4)plus how to read...

(1) I did, even quoted it. (2) No, your not. (3) Nope. (4) Doesn't mean squat without comprehension.

(1)misrepresentation." (2) as much as your are (3) questionable (4) exactly......

"May you find a pot of gold in your Lucky Charms tomorrow morning. Alan"

should i assume or not this might be a racist statement?

either way since the charms are contaminated by the luckys theyre off the menu.......celiac disease remember?

Dont let anyone piss in your cornflakes before i get up in the am hehehhee

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » December 30th, 2013, 12:29 am

Are your toes tickling your tonsils yet?

"(1) Shoulda read my statement then..(2) and im not an expert..(3) but i probably know as much as you do.....(4)plus how to read...

(1)misrepresentation." (2) as much as your are (3) questionable (4) exactly......

(1) How could I possibly misrepresent what you said by quoting you? mis·rep·re·sent transitive verb \(ˌ)mis-ˌre-pri-ˈzent\
: to describe (someone or something) in a false way especially in order to deceive someone : to give someone a false idea about (something or someone)

(2) I never said that I was. You on the other hand did with this statement, "i do totally understand how coumadin and all the blood thiners work..ive been on and off them all...for more than 10 years". ex·pert adjective \ˈek-ˌspərt, ik-ˈ\
: having or showing special skill or knowledge because of what you have been taught or what you have experienced

(3) Nope.

(4) Once again the comprehension part flew over your head.

(5) "should i assume or not this might be a racist statement?" Depends, are you extremely short, wear green every day and like to guard pots filled with gold at the end of rainbows?

(6) "either way since the charms are contaminated by the luckys theyre off the menu.......celiac disease remember? Celiac Disease.....Is that like Celtic Woman, because I like them.

(7) "Dont let anyone piss in your cornflakes before i get up in the am hehehhee" Why, do you have something against Urine Therapy?

Dea-fhortun. Alan

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 30th, 2013, 7:18 am

Are your toes tickling your tonsils yet?

(1) How could I possibly misrepresent what you said by quoting you? mis·rep·re·sent transitive verb \(ˌ)mis-ˌre-pri-ˈzent\
: to describe (someone or something) in a false way especially in order to deceive someone : to give someone a false idea about (something or someone) (quote outa context changes meaning of original content)

(2) I never said that I was. You on the other hand did with this statement, "i do totally understand how coumadin and all the blood thiners work..ive been on and off them all...for more than 10 years". ex·pert adjective \ˈek-ˌspərt, ik-ˈ\
: having or showing special skill or knowledge because of what you have been taught or what you have experienced (not necessarily does this give you special extra knowledge others are not privy to..)

(3) Nope. (so im to assume you have extra special knowledge like maybe you can predict next weeks lotto numbers?)

(4) Once again the comprehension part flew over your head.(most objects do im only 5')

(5) "should i assume or not this might be a racist statement?" Depends, are you extremely short, wear green every day and like to guard pots filled with gold at the end of rainbows? (you have a thing about leprechauns jez)

(6) "either way since the charms are contaminated by the luckys theyre off the menu.......celiac disease remember? Celiac Disease.....Is that like Celtic Woman, because I like them. (your taste in music is hmmmm....ok)

(7) "Dont let anyone piss in your cornflakes before i get up in the am hehehhee" Why, do you have something against Urine Therapy? (Sure do when but i hear its been used in some products to induce hair growth for men)

Dea-fhortun.
(why didnt you say so to start hehehe)
Alan
I love you too Al......... :lol: