OT-The two four letter words of the day, Face Book

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

notvaporlocked

OT-The two four letter words of the day, Face Book

Post by notvaporlocked » December 29th, 2014, 12:20 pm

OK how many of you do Face Book?

I see those mysterious references that tell me there is a underground life that is going on unbeknownst to me. Do you ever get the feeling everyone else got the memo? I know what Facebook is and occasionally check the page of a kid but am confused by how everything is linked and cross linked and referenced and tagged and liked and posted and friended and …………………………….!

Sandy has a page that allows her to get to the kids pages. We are getting to at least parts of them. There always seems to be something more there somewhere that I'm not sure how to get to because to listen to people talk about this stuff you would think all the answers to all questions are right there in plain sight and all you have to do is use the secret handshake and wink with the correct eye and the universe's mysteries will be revealed.

I'm waiting for one of my goats to show up with their own page linked to the local feed dealer and posted on my daughters site which will be liked to Sandy's page all to inform me that I need to fill the water trough and bring them another bale of hay. I live in fear that even my 7 goats understand and get how this all works.

I must not have the wink right. Its probably a good thing I don't have my own page with an embarrassingly small following. I'm not sure my male ego could take the implied rejection :thud:

Terry
Man Prayer
I'm a man.... But I can change.... If I have to.... I guess.

Red Green Show

Loving with all your heart is the only way to love somebody, Otherwise its not worth all the trouble!
Cary Grant

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. (From the movie, Keeping the Faith)

Medtronic Protecta XT (Second ICD), 3 leads (1 unhooked Fidelis) Sept 27, 2006, Feb 12, 2013

3 V-fib therapies. It works, I'm still here.

freckles1880

Re: OT-The two four letter words of the day, Face Book

Post by freckles1880 » December 29th, 2014, 4:29 pm

My Warden and I do NOT do Facebook. We found out many months ago what trouble some of our family members were having with each other over postings and also what was being posted that, as grand parents, we did not want to know. My warden has looked when a family member wanted to show her something but has never signed on.
This group site is the only one I am involved with.

I have no issues with members who use other sites as it is their choice.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

dadmanbob

Post by dadmanbob » December 29th, 2014, 4:43 pm

Not me either no FB for me just here and a gardening site
BOB
ischemic cardiomyopathy NSVT, stent 1 left side 4/5 &1 right side on 6/9 2011
MI Heart attack unknown when it happened 20% dead muscle
CHF-3, PVD, CAD, CKD-3 & EF 35 now 55 12-19-11
ICD ST JUDE 6/29/11, CD2215-36Q, RVA LEAD, RA-LEAD
Med's
AMLODIPINE 7.5MG AM 5MG PM,ISOSORBIDE MONO. ER 120MG, PLAVIX 75MG
ASPIRIN 81MG,HYDRALAZINE 50MG X4,CARVEDILOL 50MG AM/PM, LIPITOR 80MG
Spironolactone 25mg am/pm,FUROSEMIDE 40MG, Calcitriol .25mg mon,wed,fri
ZANTAC 150MG

I welcome my ICD he is Electron a transformer

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 29th, 2014, 9:03 pm

I am on Facebook and find it good. You do not have to see what you don't want to. I have blocked people or even relatives who are younger and were going a bit to far with the 'sharing' of their life events.

I really do not discuss the same stuff that I do on here, but it is good when things happen, as it is not just letting one person know what is going on, but a lot of people at a time. That is where I found out about Helen and Eric being taken to Hospital on Christmas day, as Willie, Helen's husband posted what was going on. You also do get to become closer friends as we share family photos and everyday events, that are outside the range of what is suitable on here.

But as I said earlier, this is my main social media site, and where I find my best online friends.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

Michael L

Post by Michael L » December 31st, 2014, 1:20 pm

I do Facebook. It is a nice way to keep up with friends and relatives that I haven't seen in a long time. You can set some controls which are helpful, but if there is something I am not interested in, I just don't read it....
Biotronik Ilesto 7 implanted May 5, 2014
CABG 3X February 1998

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » January 5th, 2015, 10:37 am

Thank the internet gods. For the longest time, I thought I was the only one who didn't get the invitation to join the ICD Face Book page. One has but to look at my Avatar to realize the kid who runs that site banished me. The little nerd wants to see my eyes, my ID, my arrest record, my blood type, my IQ, my SSN, and my credit score before I can participate. Not that it matters, my wife and kids would refuse to friend me anyway.

So did you notice in spite of all the posts on here alluding to the Face Book sub-culture of ICD members nobody has really come forward and admitted it exists or to invite us? Dan Brown wasn't making that stuff up, was he?
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375