Dream Weaver

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

kiwiguy

Dream Weaver

Post by kiwiguy » April 7th, 2016, 11:13 pm

Not to be confused with the one hit wonder from Gary Wright..... (thanks google)

Now like most of you I am on a lot of medications, and we all put up with annoying side effects in the hope that the drugs are doing more good than the side effect is doing harm... One of my current beefs is tinnitus, but I digress.....

Anyway, ever since I started on these drugs I get amazing and wildly realistic dreams. Its become something of a standing joke with my wife that invariably I will sit upright in bed in the middle of the night and proclaim that there is someone in the room. I may even reach an arm out to try and grab them. The weird thing is that I'm usually very conscious of what I'm doing and remember doing it, but it takes a couple of minutes before my mind gets to working out that its the same old hallucination and the reality is that there is no one there at all.

I'm kind of hoping now that someone else chimes in with a similar experience so that my good wife cant confirm that its just me going around the twist.

Anyone???

:New_Zealand:

Ozchrissy

Re: Dream Weaver

Post by Ozchrissy » April 8th, 2016, 12:13 am

whewsmile whewsmile whewsmile

WELl!!!!!!!!!! it might not be the dreams. whewsmile whewsmile

I have only experienced it once when I was in Intensive Care. They couldn't feed me anything, including drugs through my mouth and stomach, and they had to find a specific replacement for a drug I was on which was time release. They could crush up the others and put through my feeding tube, but this one they couldn't do it with. Boy did I trip on that drug, it was purely psychedelic and sometimes I wish I could remember clearly the dreams as they would make a great surrealist painting. It wasn't the pain morphine stuff, took that like a trooper, but one of my other pills, not sure which one now.

I would check the side effects mentioned with the drugs, also talk to your docs. If you don't get proper sleep, you really miss out on your Rem sleep and you suffer. (Well something like that, you know what I mean). Often there are alternatives that will not have the same side effects, and you could end the nightly drama. It sounds like you are involving your wife in all this too, so she must be a bit cranky at the moment also.

Good luck, but if you get a real good dream, don't forget to share. dancee dancee dancee
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » April 8th, 2016, 7:32 am

I had the same experience as Chrissy. Surgery and heavy medications. I do know that many cannot tolerate certain drugs and many times it is related to sleeping aids. You should write down what you take and when you have the issues then talk with your doctor. I also take a lot of pills but no sleeping meds. My Warden is taking some that have your issues as a side effect.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » April 8th, 2016, 5:07 pm

I too have amazing wild dreams, and awaken with a warm feeling and a smile ear to ear. Strangely, my wife gets angry when she sees that look and smacks me...
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Michael L

Post by Michael L » April 8th, 2016, 5:51 pm

I have had very vidid dreams since taking Temazepam. Some are very strange, but very detailed!

Along those lines, I just watched a story on NBC Nightly News about a company paying their employees to make sure they get enough sleep! If their sleep tracking device (such as a FitBit) indicates they got at least 7 hours sleep per night, they get a bonus! Where were those benefits when I was working?!?!?!?
Biotronik Ilesto 7 implanted May 5, 2014
CABG 3X February 1998

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » April 8th, 2016, 6:23 pm

I don't know the current federal rules for truckers, but the last few years I was driving they were requiring we shut down 10 hours for sleep and such before each work period of no more than 14 hours. So which will happen first--their requiring truckers to prove they slept enough hours or the development of self-driving trucks and the elimination of the profession?
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

rcarroll

Post by rcarroll » April 11th, 2016, 5:00 am

I recently started Temazepam too and I have to say my dreams are detailed and weird and I can wake up go to the toilet go back to bed and pick up where I left off. And before you comment, I am definitely not dreaming I am going to the toilet!
Bob Carroll

Blue Screened in Feb 2009
Auto reboot device installed
Oh yeah! I also take drugs

kiwiguy

Post by kiwiguy » April 11th, 2016, 3:28 pm

rcarroll wrote:I recently started Temazepam too and I have to say my dreams are detailed and weird and I can wake up go to the toilet go back to bed and pick up where I left off. And before you comment, I am definitely not dreaming I am going to the toilet!
Mate, That happens to me as well, I can wake up, remember everything I was in the middle of dreaming about, stare at the imaginary person in my room until they dissolve then head off back to the land of nod and carry on with my dream.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one !!

David882

Post by David882 » April 11th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Perhaps we should list the meds that produce the best <del>hallucination</del> dreams.

It can help members when requesting new meds.
With Respect,
David

11 Sept 2012 / Idiopathic Ventricular Fibrillation
At about 2AM I started storming at home, and in the ambulance, and in the ER.
Sometimes I restated and sometimes I had to be defibrillated.
A number of times I went into arrest and stopped breathing.
External defibrillation count exceeded 18 and at some point the team induced a coma.
24 hours later I was revived and have never had another event.
13 Sept 2012 / Medtronic ICD was implanted.
My diagnosis is still idiopathic.