It's time...

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

ROBO Pop

It's time...

Post by ROBO Pop » May 21st, 2016, 2:46 pm

Yesterday I had my first follow-up appointment with the Electrophysiologist who I selected to come in and do clean-up. In all honesty, I spent almost zero effort checking this one out contrary to the combined wisdom of this gang. Face it, your recommendations haven't worked out all that well for me. Think about it, his predecessor was highly touted and considered tops in his field and look what that got me...8 months of torment. I went back and checked all the discussions on this topic and saw that Mrag maintained lead on all such discussions recommending we use only the best, he'll be hearing from my attorneys, Shyster and Shaftem. Anyway I am getting off topic.

I was anxious for the appointment and of course as I headed out the door for the clinic my phone rang. It was the Dr office pushing me back another 2 hours. He was busy. So finally the appointment. It was the doctor, a St. Jude's Engineer, and myself discussing why this latest attempt wasn't working. I think we hit on what's going on and there is still hope. They made the necessary adjustments with a pipe wrench and I could immediately sense a difference. You know that scratching, banging, sound water pipes make when there's air in the lines?

Not to bore you with that unimportant stuff, it was finally time. Time for the great reveal, the unveiling...The doctor pulled back the bandage and viola...seeing is believeing. The crater on the far right is the residue from my previous attempts at fame. So does that look a golf shoe was used????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

freckles1880

Re: It's time...

Post by freckles1880 » May 21st, 2016, 2:56 pm

It may not be the prettiest chest I have seen but it does sound like you may actually be healing and the unit is now working.

I guess it is not time to give up the clubs.

I also seem to see the gunshot wound on the other side of the picture.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » May 21st, 2016, 3:39 pm

Here is the important part of Robbo's post:
as I headed out the door for the clinic my phone rang. It was the Dr office pushing me back another 2 hours. He was busy.
WTF? Do you realize what you are suggesting? A doctor called you BEFORE you sat in his/her waiting room for two plus hours. This doctor must be some place other than Arizona or is it Dr. Hutchinson who may have just moved into the state and didn't know the AZ protocols? Only my doctor's answering service knows my phone number and that is used strictly to remind me of an appointment and to be there early so I can get a jump on waiting.

As for your procedure, glad to hear it may have worked. Agree with Bob's vision of your former wound except I'd expand on it with a story of like how an assassin shot you while you were making a life saving jump in front of a candidate. No wait, these days no one with even a partial mind would jump in front of any of today's candidates. You'll have to come up with some other sort of story, but one with some remote believability.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » May 21st, 2016, 4:22 pm

Robo,

That photo is a lot better than the last one you posted, you sound a lot brighter as well. Very pleased for you.

Rag,

Did the monkey win the selfie court case?

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » May 21st, 2016, 5:39 pm

Good luck healing, Robo --
Diagnosed with HCM 2008; ICD 2009
Female, live in Midwest
College professor, mystery reader; take college students abroad at least twice a year. No shocks from that -- yet.
Do our ICDs mean we'll survive a zombie apocalypse??

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » May 21st, 2016, 8:59 pm

Oh my poor baby i hope you got the number of that bus that ran over your chest....you wont be on any page THREE for a while except here...youve been thro the wars..hope its all working out now...and for heaven sakes stay out of trouble for a bit....your doing my head in with all these antics.. go play golf2
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

slk123

Post by slk123 » May 21st, 2016, 9:26 pm

I see Robo has his photos all messed up again. This one looks like those from Lauren's bachelorette party! Woo hoo...wowza!!!
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

notvaporlocked

Post by notvaporlocked » May 22nd, 2016, 11:12 am

Robo

Timex will be contacting you as soon as the bruises go away. They are looking for a new TV spokesperson :mutt:

Terry
Man Prayer
I'm a man.... But I can change.... If I have to.... I guess.

Red Green Show

Loving with all your heart is the only way to love somebody, Otherwise its not worth all the trouble!
Cary Grant

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. (From the movie, Keeping the Faith)

Medtronic Protecta XT (Second ICD), 3 leads (1 unhooked Fidelis) Sept 27, 2006, Feb 12, 2013

3 V-fib therapies. It works, I'm still here.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » May 24th, 2016, 10:21 am

the divot on the right of the image (your right, my left) is actually the residual from this pretty picture...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Broken Heart

slk123

Post by slk123 » May 24th, 2016, 11:16 am

Wow! Does that still hurt or has it gotten used to being open? Will it close eventually?
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » May 24th, 2016, 12:24 pm

slk123 wrote:Wow! Does that still hurt or has it gotten used to being open? Will it close eventually?
No, it's closed now. took about 4 months but finally sealed. I have a large indented area there now. Still looks and feels like crap, very sensitive to the touch. They put the new device in on an angle in a tighter pocket, but I already discovered that I can't swing a golf club (oops did I say that out loud) now the vultures will swoop. Bear in mind that after the swelling goes down it may be okay. Besides, my surgeon called dibs on my clubs
Broken Heart

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » May 24th, 2016, 12:44 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:
slk123 wrote: Besides, my surgeon called dibs on my clubs
Didn't he get enough from the surgeries, now he wants to play golf.

kick butt

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » May 24th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Be still my beating heart. :::)

Sorry Robo, but what a mess. There seems to be a lot of bruising around the site and also what is the big black bruise under your arm. Hope this heals well and quickly.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » May 24th, 2016, 2:11 pm

Ozchrissy wrote:Be still my beating heart. :::)

Sorry Robo, but what a mess. There seems to be a lot of bruising around the site and also what is the big black bruise under your arm. Hope this heals well and quickly.
Apparently the surgeon fancies himself a ballerina and danced all over my chest. Still when one goes to the lowest bidder one can't be too choosy. Should have learned my lesson after my vasectomy I guess...
Broken Heart

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 23rd, 2016, 11:53 am

So shortly today I go for my scheduled final inspection before the EP cuts me free and I return to my Cardiologist.

Remembering back to January, seems like just yesterday that I noted in the mirror the red inflamed area around the end of my CRT incision and watched as it progressed into an ugly white pimple like spot in the middle. Didn't take long before the inflamed area expanded down the length of the scar, and the whole incision became super heated to the touch. That was followed by fever and other nasty symptoms of a massive infection.

I awoke at 3am this morning and that was on my mind. When I reached up and touched the incision, it indeed was hot to touch. Immediately I thought you dummy you're overly anxious and just stressing over nothing. Realizing what little mind I had left was departing, I arose and went into the powder room only to discover that my incision was red and ugly.

Ah now I recall, it really was just yesterday that I noted once again it appears that I may have to get the CRT and leads hoiked out of my chest which potentially means another three months of annoying bags hanging from my shoulders.

It's really frickin getting hard to maintain a sense of humor over this adventure...Oh well, off to the doctor for the good news.
Broken Heart