It's time...

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

ROBO Pop

Re: It's time...

Post by ROBO Pop » June 27th, 2016, 10:55 am

last night, or actually very early this morning I made one of my infamous 50 yard dashes to the oval office. When I successfully completed my task at hand, or was it in hand, and crawled back into bed, I couldn't get back to sleep.

Lying on my side, with my ear pressed to the pillow, so my wife couldn't place it over the top of my face, I could hear the thundering beats of my heart. Now it really wasn't the intensity of my beats that kept me from slipping back into slumber, but rather the gaps between caught my attention. Now I have this big a**ed powerful new CRT-D that is set to drive my ventricles full time, so you can well imagine how it caught my attention when I heard, or rather failed to heard some consistent beats. What the...another problem?

At 2am, I'd far rather fall asleep and not awake again than to tolerate some wayward heart keeping me from slumber. Still it was unnerving to say the least. Boom, Boom, Boom, pause, Boom, pause, Boom, Boom, pause... On and on it went driving me crazy. But whether due to my exhaustion or just a dream, I became enamored with what was going on with the decrepit thumper. Boom, Boom, pause, pause, Boom, pause, Boom, Boom, Boom, pause...

I have always done my best thinking in bed, in fact many times I have gone down with an unsolvable problem on my mind only to awake with a solution. Suddenly, I was transported to my childhood and my background in the Boy Scouts. Funny how after so many years I still remembered this little tidbit. Boom, Boom, pause, Boom, Boom, Boom, pause, Boom, Boom, Boom, pause...There was a definite pattern once I fully concentrated on the sound emanating from my heart via my pillow.

I suddenly came out of my drowsy state and recognized what I was hearing did indeed contain a pattern, it was morse code. Once I knew what was going on, I listened intently and documented the pattern so I could decipher it later.

By now more than a couple of you are rolling your eyes and shaking your heads in disbelief, but rest assured, would I, ROBO Pop lead you astray? When finally I saw that the pattern had started over, I stopped to untangle the mystery. Slowly, the words came clear as I translated the code to letters. H-E-L ...how exciting is this? Finally at long last the message was complete, It was clearly a protest from my new device "HELP I'M BEING CRUSHED, TURN OVER."

So now you know my friends what is really going on when your heart is thumping...it's your device telling you to get your fat ... off. whewsmile

Oh yeah, I really came by to say...what was I going to say? I'll have to get back to you on that.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

notvaporlocked

Post by notvaporlocked » June 27th, 2016, 12:52 pm

ROBO

Very interesting! I couldn't get a morse code interpretation of my rhythm. For me it was more of a cross between the beat of the Cha Cha and the Hokey Pokey with a little In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida thrown in.

At least I got to boogie with mine :D

Terry
Man Prayer
I'm a man.... But I can change.... If I have to.... I guess.

Red Green Show

Loving with all your heart is the only way to love somebody, Otherwise its not worth all the trouble!
Cary Grant

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. (From the movie, Keeping the Faith)

Medtronic Protecta XT (Second ICD), 3 leads (1 unhooked Fidelis) Sept 27, 2006, Feb 12, 2013

3 V-fib therapies. It works, I'm still here.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 27th, 2016, 8:18 pm

Oh I know I will put a damper on this but those are in my honest opinion PVC's or eptopic beats, and I get 1,000's on each interrogation. They are fun though when you get a new doc or nurse pretending to be the professional and knowing what they are doing and they take your pulse, you can watch them hold their own breath while they wait for the next beat after the pause. Apparantley Robo they are not an issue until your get into the 10,0000's per interrogation. We could have a competition as to who has the most in a minute. whewsmile whewsmile
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 28th, 2016, 1:20 pm

now I remember what I really wanted to say...

My incision is still a bit red, but looking better, ever so slightly better, so I'm in hopes that we have turned a coroner and on the upswing. Course now I gotta figure out what setting changes he made so I know what shouldn't have been done. SOB has gotten a bit worse, though on a positive note I recover much quicker. Sadly, and it's just one thing after another with my sorry behind, I hurt my back playing basketball in high school and it decided to rear it's ugly head. Hard to even move sometimes...this is a big factor in my decision not to get a transplant. Why waste a perfectly good heart on a body that's been so abused it is ready for the scrap heap? Maybe they could just transplant my brain/mind into a more youthful body...kate Upton comes to mind. whewsmile lmao4dx
Broken Heart

madison

Post by madison » June 28th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Maybe they could just transplant my brain/mind into a more youthful body...kate Upton comes to mind.
A male brain into a Kate Upton body? You are kidding right? The head boggles at how much and how fast things would go wrong there.

For those living in another world, here's Kate. Yea, let's put Robo's brain in this model-

At first I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger and bigger .......... And then it hit me!

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 28th, 2016, 2:50 pm

madison wrote:
Maybe they could just transplant my brain/mind into a more youthful body...kate Upton comes to mind.
A male brain into a Kate Upton body? You are kidding right? The head boggles at how much and how fast things would go wrong there.
Well she's not using her mind...and I'm quite good at managing assets

Someday I'm going to figure where I've seen your picture/AVATAR before...
Broken Heart

kiwiguy

Post by kiwiguy » June 28th, 2016, 3:23 pm

Ummm, aahhh.......I forgot what I was going to say.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » August 30th, 2016, 12:15 pm

I'm not sure I updated on my new CRT-D status. After initial adjustment to eliminate PMT (Pacemaker Mediated Tachy) performance began going down hill again and the chitty chitty bang bang rhythm began manifesting itself. The Cardiologist did an interrogation and discovered that:
1. PMT was back
2. SVTs were confusing the device and it thought my heart rate was above set point so the CRT was not pacing me full time
3. Rate Response was switched off, contributing to SOB and other effects on exertion.

She made the necessary adjustments and all seemed good until the past week where once again I'm struggling with SOB, dizzy Blonde syndrome, palpitations, and confusion. Frankly, I'm beginning to suspect the third lead has exited the game once again. Won't know until my next appointment on the 16th. Maybe I really am a DIFFICULT patient.

I've decided enough. If it's a setting adjustment, fine otherwise I'm not going through another procedure. Still it does bring up an somewhat related question Mrag asked...should I really waste money on a new eye knowing it may be futile?

Getting old is ...frankly getting old.
Broken Heart

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » August 30th, 2016, 12:55 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:. . . question Mrag asked...should I really waste money on a new eye knowing it may be futile?
That's not exactly accurate. I asked if ROBO should waste OUR Medicare money getting a new eye especially when it would seem he can't even get a simple CRT implant.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » August 30th, 2016, 4:15 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:Getting old is ...frankly getting old.
Come on, you've got to outlive mrag! The world depends on it!!!
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » August 30th, 2016, 4:25 pm

TruckerRon wrote:
ROBO Pop wrote:Getting old is ...frankly getting old.
Come on, you've got to outlive mrag! The world depends on it!!!
Relax Ron the GOA (Golf Club Owners Association) and ISG (Freckles) prepaid me in clubs to take him with me when I go...you're covered golf1
Broken Heart

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » August 30th, 2016, 4:35 pm

dancee
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099