OT - My Avatar

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Ozchrissy

OT - My Avatar

Post by Ozchrissy » June 14th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Just found this painting that was done of me by our beautiful member Elizabeth Martineau. Unfortunately Elizabeth passed away after a heart transplant, but her memory still lives on in her talented paintings. Codman also has his portrait done by Elizabeth. We are both very blessed to have these beautiful memories of such a wonderful and inspiring lady.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

notvaporlocked

Re: OT - My Avatar

Post by notvaporlocked » June 14th, 2016, 10:05 pm

What a great tribute! I'd recognize you anywhere wavhi

Terry
Man Prayer
I'm a man.... But I can change.... If I have to.... I guess.

Red Green Show

Loving with all your heart is the only way to love somebody, Otherwise its not worth all the trouble!
Cary Grant

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. (From the movie, Keeping the Faith)

Medtronic Protecta XT (Second ICD), 3 leads (1 unhooked Fidelis) Sept 27, 2006, Feb 12, 2013

3 V-fib therapies. It works, I'm still here.

codman59

Post by codman59 » June 15th, 2016, 6:36 am

So true Chrissy. I doubt I will ever change my avatar... still think about her all the time, miss her e-mail jokes and her positvie spin. She was one of a kind.
Cardiomyapathy (reason unknown; suspect viral infection 1998), chf, gout, diabetes, asthma, bad hair.
Medtronics Virtuoso VR implanted Aug 28/08, single lead.

"The generation that would change the world is still looking for its car keys" - "The Rainmakers"

Craig

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » June 15th, 2016, 6:45 am

A wonderful way to remember a lost friend.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 15th, 2016, 10:30 am

I often think about Elizabeth and many other old friends who've left us or just moved on. Elizabeth was a talented artist and I'm happy to hear you guys were blessed with some of her work. I know my wife is diligently trying to give away my work so she doesn't have to be "blessed" with it when I'm gone...

Come on you know I can't be serious for more than 5 minutes, alright a couple of sentences. One favor please, post these as Pictures so we an get the full effect...AVATARs are too small for my vision
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 15th, 2016, 7:38 pm

This is for Robo, done in watercolour on paper and posted by Elizabeth from America to me in Australia in a tube. At the time I did complain to her about being too honest, I felt she should have softened the wrinkles. :) :) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 16th, 2016, 9:30 am

Ozchrissy wrote:This is for Robo, done in watercolour on paper and posted by Elizabeth from America to me in Australia in a tube. At the time I did complain to her about being too honest, I felt she should have softened the wrinkles. :) :) :)
Beautifully done ... Bravo Elizabeth, Bravo. We were all blessed to be allowed, however brief, to share time with such a gifted person, and great individual.

Thank you Chrissy for sharing that special gift.
Broken Heart

codman59

Post by codman59 » June 17th, 2016, 7:07 am

Been so long since I posted a pic on here, I kinda forget how.... will give 'er a try though. Don't know what I'm doing wrong (image challenged maybe) but when I upload to photobucket then copy to here, the pics shrink for some reason.... tried editting, no avail. Anyway, hope you can tell from these. She really captured it.

Original...

Cardiomyapathy (reason unknown; suspect viral infection 1998), chf, gout, diabetes, asthma, bad hair.
Medtronics Virtuoso VR implanted Aug 28/08, single lead.

"The generation that would change the world is still looking for its car keys" - "The Rainmakers"

Craig

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » June 17th, 2016, 7:39 am

Those turned out wonderful and clear. Some folks have the "artist" talent while some of us still draw stick people. Some even play golf. golf2

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 17th, 2016, 8:37 am

I sent Michelle, Elizabeth's daughter a link to this topic. This is the response I got.

This made my week! What wonderful friends she had. This means so much Christine. You're truly a great person. I am going to share this with Missy too. She will love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you

It was Elizabeth's birthday this week, I am so glad that she could see what a lot of us thought of her Mum.

Craig she was able to capture the character of a photo, she was very talented.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 17th, 2016, 10:39 am

say Bob, didn't elizabeth post some of her art on here a few years back?
Broken Heart

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » June 17th, 2016, 3:23 pm

RoboPop I went through about 30 pages of her posts and found very little. Mainly the "Chrissy" picture. There are 152 pages of one lines of her posts. I did try to search but could not come up with pictures or drawings.

I will try again another time. She was a very active and respected member.

wavhi
Bob

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 17th, 2016, 3:38 pm

Thanks Bob.

I spent a couple hours going through her posts and came up blank as well. No reason to expend a lot of time and effort, just kind of popped into my head.
Broken Heart

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 17th, 2016, 9:53 pm

I contacted her daughter and I have permission to put up some of my favourite paintings from Elizabeth. Here are some classic examples of how deep her painting ran and also her talent. I have more, so let me know if you want more put up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 18th, 2016, 12:14 am

Just thought I have to put this one up, this is so relevant.