Speaking of...

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

ROBO Pop

Speaking of...

Post by ROBO Pop » June 18th, 2016, 11:12 am

Where is Carl Portman of late? I could use some good sermons about now. And why doesn't Eric stop by more often. And the lovely Suzanne and...all the others so important in this family.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mykidsmom

Re: Speaking of...

Post by mykidsmom » June 18th, 2016, 11:38 am

Carls around facebook quite a bit...and seems ok....suzanne too....eric hasnt been well this past while..im not sure if i read it here or in facebook to be honest..maybe we need to start a check in thread...?????
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » June 18th, 2016, 12:04 pm

Eric did post a couple of posts this week. Did indicate he has spent the last year with serious issues.

I do miss the sermons from Carl also. Suzanne also is on and off the site, just not like she used to be.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » June 18th, 2016, 3:46 pm

i missssssss them..
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » June 21st, 2016, 10:16 am

Present!! wavhi

I don't have a good excuse for not stopping by more often :oops: I did injure my knee several weeks ago, during a stress test! I think it was due to the incline of the treadmill. It's still not better, perhaps because I haven't gone to the recommended physio I was supposed to go to. Not an excuse, right :wink:
As far as my heart goes, it's doing great. I wore a holter monitor for three days, last week, and see my EP tomorrow.

I think of you all often, my Dear Family dancehearts

:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » June 21st, 2016, 2:07 pm

Glad to see you are back Suzanne but sorry it is under the knee problem. Those darn tests sometimes cause more harm than good. I am glad my last test was with the drug rather than the treadmill.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

notvaporlocked

Post by notvaporlocked » June 21st, 2016, 9:56 pm

I went in for a heart cath Friday, supposed to be same day. I got out last night, Monday. Change of meds started the extension then managed to get a blood clot in an enlarged varicose vein in my leg. They said there is slim chance it will break loose and kill me. I'm gonna be mad if slim turns into sorry Sandy we didn't think it was going to be a problem.

The same day I developed my blood clot one of Sandy's brothers died from a deep vein blood clot in his leg that broke loose. Trust me, that kinda news when you are in the hospital will get your attention.

Terry
Man Prayer
I'm a man.... But I can change.... If I have to.... I guess.

Red Green Show

Loving with all your heart is the only way to love somebody, Otherwise its not worth all the trouble!
Cary Grant

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. (From the movie, Keeping the Faith)

Medtronic Protecta XT (Second ICD), 3 leads (1 unhooked Fidelis) Sept 27, 2006, Feb 12, 2013

3 V-fib therapies. It works, I'm still here.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 22nd, 2016, 11:45 am

notvaporlocked wrote:The same day I developed my blood clot one of Sandy's brothers died from a deep vein blood clot in his leg that broke loose. Trust me, that kinda news when you are in the hospital will get your attention.
So sorry to hear about Sandy's brother. Please tell her she's in our thoughts
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

notvaporlocked

Post by notvaporlocked » June 22nd, 2016, 1:28 pm

Thank you ROBO, Sandy is being tested. She has a sister with Glioblastoma in the brain which is terminal, the brother that just died and then there is me with new chapters to an old problem. We are trying to reconcile with a daughter that has been estranged, that alone has the ol stress-o-meter pretty close to the peg. We will get through all this.

Terry
Man Prayer
I'm a man.... But I can change.... If I have to.... I guess.

Red Green Show

Loving with all your heart is the only way to love somebody, Otherwise its not worth all the trouble!
Cary Grant

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. (From the movie, Keeping the Faith)

Medtronic Protecta XT (Second ICD), 3 leads (1 unhooked Fidelis) Sept 27, 2006, Feb 12, 2013

3 V-fib therapies. It works, I'm still here.

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » June 22nd, 2016, 2:14 pm

Terry; my prayers are with you and your family.

wavhi
Bob

kristinzzz

Post by kristinzzz » June 22nd, 2016, 4:48 pm

HI everyone,

I thought I would check in. Just viewed Chrissy's video clip and felt inspired!

I view posts most every day / every other day.

I am finally working part time. dancee I've been on disability for awhile, but have had no major heart events for some time now. It feels good but I am still just taking it one day at a time and that really seems to work for me! Still trying to lose some excess weight. Have gained some independence with this new job and hoping it really works out for me.

Thank you to all who share their stories and procedures in this group. I feel so thankful to be able to touch base with you all and say I'm still here.

:big-hug:

Kristin
ICD Medtronic Implanted October 2005
2nd ICD Medtronic Protecta Implanted June 2012 (Fidelis Lead removed/fractured)
3rd ICD ST JUDE implanted in April 2018
10 Shock Storm/ Feb. 2008
Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 23rd, 2016, 4:58 am

Hi Kristin, so glad you are going well. Good to see you and don't forget, we all need to share on here.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

Jean

Post by Jean » June 23rd, 2016, 8:10 am

Hello everyone wavhi I've been more of a reader than poster for a while lots going on summer time and of course the wedding. The wedding is done it was a magical weekend if I ever figure out how to post a picture on here I will give it a try! Had my annual cardio appointment Stable is the word. Glad to hear it. On the other side of the coin my vision had deteriorated quite quickly I go in for cataract surgery in July. I flunked the state driving eye test but talked the lady into giving me the benefit of the doubt as I had an appointment in 2 weeks with my eye dr. Driving at night is completely out and after I cruised to the grocery store yesterday I'm done till surgery is over its crazy how this went from well my vision isn't the greatest to good grief I cant see crap. I'll be like that little 8 year old girl that put her glasses on for the first time all over again :runn: I'm working in my yard and vegetable garden pulling the weeds I can see dancee Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Jean

Cardiomyothapy,LBBB, CHF, Diabetes
Cognis CRT-D implanted May 11,2010

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » June 23rd, 2016, 9:14 am

Jean (and others who are interested), Mark gave us some simple instructions on using Photobucket thus having the ability to post pictures without taking up our server space.

Here is the link found on the Board Index page and going to the "walking through board functions".
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... f=4&t=1952

I use Photobucket and found that you first want to make sure the size of the photo is normal. So many photos we now take are like 8 X 10 or larger. A 3 X 5 is a great size for all to see.

wavhi
Bob

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 23rd, 2016, 7:11 pm

Jean, that is so scary that your eyes deteriorated so quickly. I got my first cataract at 38 (yes I started to fall apart very early) and got my second eye done in my 40's. So I have lived with my intraoccular lense for quite a few years now. I hear that now they can even put in lenses that will allow you to read and look out in the distance in the same lense. I have the normal ones and really it is miraculous how we can see so well when they are done. I was done in the morning, went home, came back to the doctors office in the afternoon and could see perfectly. It was brilliant. Mind you I had a bit of double vision with perception, like two steps up to the docs office, could not work out which one to put my foot on, but besides that it was great.

I did though have them put me out, just for a short time, when they put the injection in my eye. That was something I really couldn't cope with, but the procedure, although awake, was not weird at all.

Good luck my friend, I am sure you will be fine but it must be frustrating loosing your independence until the procedure.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.