I'm right legged, I'm done

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

notvaporlocked

I'm right legged, I'm done

Post by notvaporlocked » June 27th, 2016, 3:56 pm

When prepping for my latest heart cath I ask the standard question, will I be able to play the piano after this? They assured me it would not be a problem, sadly they were wrong, its been a week and I still do not know how to play the piano. Now to many that would be a shock but I am dealing with it head held high.

Now as I look back, I realize I ask the wrong question. I should have ask "will I be able to kick field goals after this procedure"? It's now been 10 days and I am still dealing with a blood clot (s) and LLS (lumpy leg syndrome) and tons of that gift that tells us we are alive, pain in my right dominant leg.

Sadly I may have to give up the possibility of being drafted to kick field goals for the Chiefs when I grow up.

Terry
Man Prayer
I'm a man.... But I can change.... If I have to.... I guess.

Red Green Show

Loving with all your heart is the only way to love somebody, Otherwise its not worth all the trouble!
Cary Grant

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. (From the movie, Keeping the Faith)

Medtronic Protecta XT (Second ICD), 3 leads (1 unhooked Fidelis) Sept 27, 2006, Feb 12, 2013

3 V-fib therapies. It works, I'm still here.

freckles1880

Re: I'm right legged, I'm done

Post by freckles1880 » June 27th, 2016, 4:10 pm

I'm sorry you want to kick field goals for the Chief's. nononono

I really do hope and pray they can clear up the clots soon. I also have leg pains and fully understand how it feels. I don't think mine are clots though.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 27th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Be grateful you don't have LDS. Say doesn't Trucker Ron have LDS? So does this mean you aren't able to tap dance for Fred Astair studios either? You know you don't need to raise that leg to be a goat roper...just thinking of options for you.

Seriously, I am sorry to hear you are fighting with clots, hopefully they get that under control before something important falls off, like your digits. (Al that's fingers) Keep us apprised how things are going, and keep me in mind for those golf clubs. golf1 golf2
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

notvaporlocked

Post by notvaporlocked » June 27th, 2016, 5:05 pm

The worse part of all this. Our goat herd started having problems with parasites when I was not able to keep up with their care and we lost a mama and 4 babies. Then I had my ICD shock. We put out some feelers to friends and friends of friends and sold the herd, mammas babies and daddy goat as well as our 2 livestock guardian buddies. They are all now doing well in their new home but the ranch just isn't the same without the energy of the herd. I know it was better for them but its sad around here without them. I know they were technically livestock but it feels more like loosing 25 loving pets all at once.

Terry
Man Prayer

Red Green Show

Loving with all your heart is the only way to love somebody, Otherwise its not worth all the trouble!
Cary Grant

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. (From the movie, Keeping the Faith)

Medtronic Protecta XT (Second ICD), 3 leads (1 unhooked Fidelis) Sept 27, 2006, Feb 12, 2013

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 27th, 2016, 5:42 pm

notvaporlocked wrote:The worse part of all this. Our goat herd started having problems with parasites when I was not able to keep up with their care and we lost a mama and 4 babies. Then I had my ICD shock. We put out some feelers to friends and friends of friends and sold the herd, mammas babies and daddy goat as well as our 2 livestock guardian buddies. They are all now doing well in their new home but the ranch just isn't the same without the energy of the herd. I know it was better for them but its sad around here without them. I know they were technically livestock but it feels more like loosing 25 loving pets all at once. Terry
Holy Crap, that happened suddenly. Geez I'm sorry, I know our small herd means a lot to me and they're the only ones I can talk to and expect intelligent answers. Like I told the dr last week, I'm tired of this getting old crap, life should be better at this stage not a daily challenge for even basic things. I'm fighting like hell to get back where I can walk my two dogs daily and not winning that battle so I can well imagine how hard this is for you. I can't openly say what I'm thinking, I would probably offend every religion in the world, not to mention Mrag. Just remember we are here to talk anytime. I know there's not much we can do but at least we can provide a shoulder.
Broken Heart

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 27th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Gosh Terry, I am upset about you loosing your flock and beautiful dogs. I cannot imagine how you feel. Can you buy them back when things improve.

Now I just want to let all the newbies on here know that what happens to some of our members is not exactly NORMAL for everyone. Sometimes you can get a procedure done and within a couple of days or weeks not even know you have had it done. We seem to have all the misfits here who have heaps of things go wrong.

So if you are a newby, disreagard all of the stuff that you see on these pages, it probably will never happen to you, we are just 'special' and get to learn all the stuff that the medical profession want to research.

Terry I am thinking of you and hopefully your leg will come good soon.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 28th, 2016, 9:48 am

Ozchrissy wrote:So if you are a newby, disreagard all of the stuff that you see on these pages, it probably will never happen to you, we are just 'special'
Speak for yourself...I personally never got to ride the short bus.

For the newbies...The things you see, read, and hear on this site is all done by professionals under quasi medical control. Do not attempt this at home.
Broken Heart

madison

Post by madison » June 28th, 2016, 10:28 am

I love groins as much as the next person, but what's the story with wrists? I thought that was the latest trend. Wouldn't help the piano playing, but field goals might go up. Couldn't you have asked to take it in the wrist?
At first I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger and bigger .......... And then it hit me!

notvaporlocked

Post by notvaporlocked » June 28th, 2016, 11:31 am

madison wrote:I love groins as much as the next person, but what's the story with wrists? I thought that was the latest trend. Wouldn't help the piano playing, but field goals might go up. Couldn't you have asked to take it in the wrist?
Turns out they did go through my right wrist for the cath this time. Sorry I missed that detail. This whole ordeal points out how one thing can lead to another. Go in for a heart something up there and come out with a leg problem down there.

I have had this ugly bulging varicose vein on the inside of my right leg for several years and it has not EVER caused any discomfort. I have ask several doctors about it over the years and the response has always been the same "it's not bothering you so don't worry about it" . I guess they were right up until they were wrong.

Going into a hospital can be an adventure down the rabbit hole. How many times do we go in for one problem and come out with another?

Terry
Man Prayer

Red Green Show

Cary Grant

madison

Post by madison » June 28th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Turns out they did go through my right wrist for the cath this time. Sorry I missed that detail.
Basically what you are saying is you got a handjob and forgot about it. Men, all the same. :duh:
At first I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger and bigger .......... And then it hit me!

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 28th, 2016, 8:58 pm

Madison you are naughty. :oops:

I can't have the wrist cath, they tried once and it wouldn't work, so I am still on the old hole in the groin scenario. I do hate it, it is the lying down for so long that really gives me the chits.

I have had so many things done to my veins in my arms and wrists that there must be heaps of scar tissue, not the least the PICC line for the chemo, so guess I am stuck with the old way. But hey, no more for me anyway, so it is not an issue anymore. Not ever going to need invasive surgery again.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.