Ok, I get it

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

ROBO Pop

Ok, I get it

Post by ROBO Pop » November 20th, 2017, 11:02 am

I am tired of writing brilliant well thought out, long responses to posts only to have the message pop up that I must log in to reply to posts when I hit submit and my message is voot, SCA, DOA, GONE, KAPUT. Can't even resuscitate it with a 40 joule jesus jolt.

Since this new format was implemented with the software upgrade, it's been nothing butt a pain in the derriere, for me at least. I have better things to do than spin my wheels here and going nowhere. I get it

I'm off to golf off... golf2

(watch this message will post)
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

KansasAl

Re: Ok, I get it

Post by KansasAl » November 20th, 2017, 11:40 am

Used to happen to me with the old format. I'm a hunter/pecker and on long posts I would time out and lose them when I hit submit.

I know it's hard to type fast with your grossly water-logged fingers so shorten your posts.

Hope you found this post short and informative.

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » November 20th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Actually I've not had many issues with the "new" board. I've had zero timeouts, but then my "brilliant well thought out, long responses" probably don't take as long to write.

But while we're here: where is chat? how can one hide their identity while on-line? how can you pm from inside a post?

@ROBO-you might try writing in Notepad and then copying and pasting into a post offwall
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » November 20th, 2017, 12:35 pm

I'm trying to find where to chat too! Let me know what/when you find it :)
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » November 20th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Suzanne wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 12:35 pm
I'm trying to find where to chat too! Let me know what/when you find it :)
That is one area we no longer have. It had not been used very much in months.
ROBO Pop wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 11:02 am
I am tired of writing brilliant well thought out, long responses to posts only to have the message pop up that I must log in to reply to posts when I hit submit and my message is voot, SCA, DOA, GONE, KAPUT. Can't even resuscitate it with a 40 joule jesus jolt.

Since this new format was implemented with the software upgrade, it's been nothing butt a pain in the derriere, for me at least. I have better things to do than spin my wheels here and going nowhere. I get it

I am not sure what your issue is. You do need to be logged on to post. I have had no other member, so far, with the issue. It did take me a while to realize I need to submit after posting.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » November 20th, 2017, 2:57 pm

ROBO's always been a troublemaker
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 20th, 2017, 5:34 pm

I donno if i posted on the new format or not..cos ive been under the radar....let me see what happens...

robos the troublemaker???? hmmm.....dont we have a few hehehe...not us girls though
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

pfargo

Post by pfargo » February 15th, 2018, 2:53 pm

I am still trying to figure out how to get on chat, can someone help me

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » February 16th, 2018, 3:35 pm

Top tip, if you can remember;

Before you hit 'submit' on a long response or new thread, select all the text, right click, click on 'copy'. If the worse happens you then simply 'paste' it into a second attempt.

....that is if you remember.

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » February 16th, 2018, 3:52 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 11:02 am

Golf...

A pastor decides to play hooky on a Sunday to play golf. He's playing the best golf of his life when an angel asks God, "Are you going to let this slide? Do something!"

So God says, "Watch this."

The pastor hits a 425-yard tee shot and the ball goes in the hole for a double eagle. The angel asks, "Why did you reward him?"

God says, "Who is he gonna tell?"
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

pfargo

Re: new subject

Post by pfargo » February 21st, 2018, 4:47 pm

So I am sure everyone had had the joy of dealing with hmo's and primary care givers. What can I say both a total pain. So here is my delemia, so I was taken to a hospital that was outside of my provider group when I went into cardiac arrest. I now have a post op appt. 4 weeks later to check my device and wound. My pc failed to get the authorization in on time and now the appt. Is not authorized. So if I want the device check done I have to pay out of pocket. So question is how many of you have actually experienced problems with device working after implant? Should I pay to have it done or wait for my cardiologist that I have authorization for, to make appt. For device check? Appreciate any and all feedback.

pfargo

Post by pfargo » February 21st, 2018, 7:20 pm

Think I posted in wrong place my ladt post, this system is kind of confusing