Good News/Bad News

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Ozchrissy

Good News/Bad News

Post by Ozchrissy » December 7th, 2017, 5:44 pm

I went and had an Echo this week and thank goodness for ENTRESTO. I started taking it earlier this year, I think about March. My ef at the time was 18% with severe left ventricle dilation, my current echo produced the following results, Mildly dilated left ventricle with an EF of 30%. Nothing else has changed and this wonderful little pill has worked, it has remodelled my heart and improved my EF. My new mitral valve is working perfectly as well. I still have severe global systolic dysfunction, but what a wonderful result. I did a happy dance in the Docs office. I see my cardiologist on Tuesday, and his main aim is to see if I can now come off the Warfarin, so it could be a good week.

Now for the bad news, I have been having discomfort swallowing food again, and have what feels like a blockage in my esophagus. I am also experiencing pain. I have been putting it off for a while as I just don't want to go there, but these are the symptoms that I experienced when I was originally diagnosed with my oesophageal cancer. This has been going on for a while and has progressively got worse, I have even been choking on food that appears to not be reaching my stomach. Anyway, saw the doc as above, and I am now being sent back to my Surgeon who did my Cancer Op. My GP was obviously concerned. I am not sure when I will get in to see my surgeon, but the referral is in. Could be lots of things, but of course at the top of my mind at the moment is the cancer has come back, but then I could be a bit of a hypochondriac. Just hope I am. Will take it one day at a time until I know for sure.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

ROBO Pop

Re: Good News/Bad News

Post by ROBO Pop » December 7th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Thank goodness there was no ugly to go with the good and the bad.

What is it with you woman, can you not just have good news for once? Lets just hope this is a false alarm and all is well. Glad to hear tbe Entresto is working for you.

How are the new digs, how often do they have to discipline you for chasing the men up and down the halls? Admit it, we know you

Keep us apprised on the situation...with the cancer not the men
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

DebW

Post by DebW » December 7th, 2017, 7:42 pm

So happy the Entresto is doing good for you Chrissy!!! I hope you are wrong on the other. Keeping my fingers crossed for you
:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 7th, 2017, 11:18 pm

Oh I wish Robbo, but no eligible men that I like. lmao4dx I am having fun here though, there are a group of us that we call the 53 club, all born around the same year, and it is a good year. At least once a week we invade one of our units and have a few vinos and nibbles. The main offender is a Church of England Nun, who had a stroke, but mentally leaves us all for dead, but she does enjoy her tipple once or twice or more a week. :big-hug:

Yes I am over the initial shock, what will be will be, and it will be one day at a time. Mind you I have a great bottle of Shiraz Cabernet for tonight. tahdahh so that should take the pressure off.

Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,

slk123

Post by slk123 » December 8th, 2017, 3:36 am

I’m so happy entresto is working for you!
I’ll continue praying! Hoping nothing serious is good no on with your esophagus it anything else.
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs » December 8th, 2017, 9:08 am

This cancer thing is a bitch isn't it. I think once you've had it, it's always there in the back of your mind (what if it comes back). But we'll all think positive and hope and pray it's really just nothing. It is sunny and a balmy 18 degrees (Fahrenheit) here in Michigan. Just another wonderful day!
Joanne (aka Jo)

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 10th, 2017, 11:19 am

Awww chrissie im just seeing this now....Im really happy about your heart and how its doing..but this bloomin issue with the esophagus is godawful...i hope you get to see the dr soon and with a bita luck it'll pan out to be either something simple or nothing..like in my case....i know how how it is..even today im leery about eating outside the house and sometimes even the simplest thing like a sip of water can trigger it off..

Youve had enough issues and stress, its about time things settled down...keeping fingers and everything else crossed for you chrissie....all the best..

Love you...x0
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Jim and Sparky

Post by Jim and Sparky » December 10th, 2017, 9:02 pm

Hey Chrissy! Seems like good and bad have a way of finding each other. I do know you’re one of the strongest people I know. Not much to say other than “Hang in There!”
Take Care Babe!
MI 1/21/11; SCA's 2/3/11 and 2/4/11
I have a Boston Scientific Teligen ICD and a Boston Scientific Promus stent,
I guess my cardiologist is sort of a BS kind of guy.

Two rules to live by:
1) Don't sweat the small stuff!
2) It's all small stuff!

My Intro is on this page: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 917#p74917

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 11th, 2017, 6:03 pm

Thanks Jim and Helen, yes I am really starting to believe it is something else. I am beginning to think it may be stress related, have had a pretty stressful year, both personally and health wise. I still have the symptoms, but yesterday it was set off by eating some home made shortbread. Now that would not stick to a lump or bump. So I may be looking more at food intolerance than anything more sinister. Not fun, I may have to start watching what I eat, but at least I will be around to do it.

I am now taking note of what I eat when these things happen, and hopefully a pattern will appear. Love my food, and love variety, but heck lots of people live on restrictions, so I will just join the club.

tahdahh tahdahh

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » December 12th, 2017, 9:12 am

I have been quiet on this one as it is hard for me to know what to say. Just keep aware of what is going on with your body and keep as healthy as you can. We seem to interpenetrate more than we need to at times and it can really scare us.
:big-hug:
wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 12th, 2017, 4:52 pm

I agree Bob, but I have also had the problem of my other doctors taking the matter VERY seriously also. Even my cardiologist had that look on his face yesterday when I saw him. However, I will wait until I see the surgeon, and in the mean time just keep note of what is happening. I could probably get an investigative down the throat procedure pretty quickly, but I really do not want anyone else but him fiddling around with me. I have recently heard lots of horror stories of procedures gone wrong, and really only trust this doctor to look at it. He did the original procedure, so he knows what he is looking at, he has been there done that on numerous occasions. With Christmas and the New Year coming up, it is a bad time to get to see him, because believe it or not, he also has a life. lmao4dx lmao4dx

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 18th, 2017, 11:23 am

Wait Bob, INTERPENETRATE? What the heck is that, are you hinting Chrissy may be in a family way?
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » December 18th, 2017, 1:54 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 11:23 am
Wait Bob, INTERPENETRATE? What the heck is that, are you hinting Chrissy may be in a family way?
Sorry. My faculties are not all where they should be. I meant that different folks look at things a little differently. Unless you say a new star in the East. I doubt that Chrissy is expecting at this time.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 18th, 2017, 8:39 pm

I WOULD BE A WORLD WIDE PHENOMENON if I was expecting guys. (Also, it never ceases to amaze me how Robbo can interpret the posts the way he does. I still don't get the connection between Bob's post and pregnancy. Must be a Robbo man thing. lmao4dx

dancehearts dancehearts dancehearts

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » December 19th, 2017, 9:01 am

Ozchrissy wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 8:39 pm

I still don't get the connection between Bob's post and pregnancy. [/i] lmao4dx

dancehearts dancehearts dancehearts
Mary was told she was expecting yet had not had sex. The star in the East was what guided them. So if you are expecting I would suspect it would take an angel to tell you how it happened.

wavhi
Bob