OT: Suggestions...

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

ROBO Pop

OT: Suggestions...

Post by ROBO Pop » December 19th, 2017, 11:38 am

Ok, this is way off topic but since we seem to be experiencing a lull thought I'd throw this against the board and see if something cometh of it.

I've been with the same Cardiologist for over 10 years. In his practice he has 4 nurse practitioners who are assigned patients based on their specialty. So for example my NP specializes in medical devices, pacers, ICDs, CRTs. I've had the same NP tbe entire time as well. They're now friends.

So to my point. In all those years I've had to endure looking at the same art reprints taking up space on the walls. To make things worse it is some of the worst expressionist landscapes I've ever seen. Poorly executed and horrid color selections.

I've brought up this afront to my eyes with my Cardiologist several times. Now I get the art is generic that some gorilla contractor with no sense of taste selected but he could at least change them out once in awhile. He insists he's poor and can't afford quality art, yeah I believe that one.

So I'm seriously contemplating doing a couple paintings to hang in his offices for my own sanity and pleasure. What would you guys suggestas topics for this application.

Bear in mind it is a professional medical office. We are in the desert southwest. There are 2 native american reservations in town and the wild west is not far removed from daily life here.

I have considered doing a painting of both the Cardio and NP as old west doctors in the appropriate setting but not sure if it would work well in a dr office.

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions...
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Stella Blue

Re: OT: Suggestions...

Post by Stella Blue » December 19th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Thumbs Up! If you have managed to forge and maintain this kind of longstanding relationship with your Cardio and NP, it is obvious they must each have a great sense of humor - they should love this idea.

Stella Blue

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » December 19th, 2017, 1:13 pm

Go for it. Pick what you think is what their patients would like. tahdahh

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 19th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Thanks guys.
Stella there may well be a limit to their tolerance of my antics so I need to be respectful.

Bob, I considered your suggestion that I do something I think their patients would enjoy. Granted, most are seniors, but what if they get a pediatric heart patient, do you really think a nude of me would be appropriate?

What about the rest of the membership, what're your thoughts/suggestions?
Broken Heart

kiwiguy

Post by kiwiguy » December 19th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Can I suggest you paint a New Zealand landscape so that seriously ill patients can see how beautiful the afterlife could be. tahdahh

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 19th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Kiwi ~ Well that's a thought, certainly looks like one would envision paradise. I'll put your suggestion on my list to consider...thanks
Broken Heart

DebW

Post by DebW » December 19th, 2017, 4:02 pm

Robo, I agree with Bob, pick something the patients would like. And I, like you have looked at lots of bad art in dr.'s offices. I paint also and I like to see something colorful and cheerful. Not doom and gloom =)
That is a great idea!!! GO FOR IT
wavhi wavhi wavhi

Leedur

Post by Leedur » December 19th, 2017, 9:27 pm

How about an old west town scene, a doctor's office with a sign advertising heart repairs and some teepe's in the background.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 19th, 2017, 9:56 pm

Oh Robbo, do their portraits as a Western Doc, like the ones we see in the movies or like your other portraits. I adore your portraits, and you would be able to incorporate so much character into your paintings that the Docs would adore them.

But be VERY VERY careful, I did the same thing with my GP and original cardiologist. However, the GP took the paintings HOME and they are now in pride of place in his living room and family room. wavhi So don't be surprised if you present these paintings but they disappear from the surgery to somewhere much more personal to them.

My sister is also an artist, and she has done paintings for her Doctors as well, and even a small private Hospital has her paintings on every wall. Those were all landscapes, but I just adore your portraits, and I cannot imagine a better gift to your Doctors. What a wonderful tribute and thank you to them.
tahdahh tahdahh :::) :::)
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 20th, 2017, 10:37 am

Leedur wrote:
December 19th, 2017, 9:27 pm
How about an old west town scene, a doctor's office with a sign advertising heart repairs and some teepe's in the background.
great idea, and thank you for the detailed description of your idea. Actually I had sketched out something pretty close as a possibility.

Its a view of a western town from inside the dr office window, his name painted on the window, apothecary and instruments visible, a horse and buggy parked outside and my cardiologist walking from the buggy toward the office wearing appropriate garb and carrying a dr bag.

If I go with that, I'll have to think of something for the Nurse Practitioner...her specialty is defibrillators. Maybe a snakeoil saleswoman on the stage of a Medicine wagon, the side painted in large letters jessicas medicine shpw, with a small gathering of people watching as she cranks an old fashioned hand generator hooked up to some poor soul with cables, and sparks flying.

Still I'd appreciate other ideas and input
Broken Heart

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 20th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Chrissy portraits have been on my list but how to ensure they convey the old west doctor image is the challenge. String tie, vest, but what else? If I do something like Leedur suggested, I would incorporate their faces in the painting, they'd be small but hopefully still recognizable.
Broken Heart

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » December 20th, 2017, 3:16 pm

If you do the horse and buggy you might put a Lamborghini emblem on the horses' rump to add a touch of authenticity.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 20th, 2017, 5:26 pm

Oh Robbo, I love Leedur's idea, and your interpretation already. He doesn't have to be the feature of the painting, that would be the surprise for others to see. As for the nurse practitioner, what a brilliant idea. In a actual fact I did a similar painting of my brother, an old bush hut window overlooking a typical Aussie Landscape, with my brother in the background. When friends and family see that it is Neil, you can see the surprise on their faces.

Oh I can feel the creative juices flowing mate, how exciting. I actually love this planning phase the best, getting all the ideas together and that to me is the best part of the process, and then seeing your ideas come to life on the canvas. I am envious. Enjoy wavhi wavhi wavhi

I am finishing off a different type of project at the moment for Lauren my daughter. I have been collecting jewellery and have created two pictures of a Cat and a Fox for her out of them, and framed them. They look pretty cool and modern, mostly silver dimenties on a black background. Just what she likes and very trendy.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 21st, 2017, 10:22 am

The jewelry pictures sound intriguing, you'll have to post some images for us when you are done...
Broken Heart

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 29th, 2017, 6:05 pm

How do we include images now. Imageso this is the sketch I was referencing.

Now I've already identified numerous areas for improvement and the town buildings have not yet been sketched in but I think this gives you a general idea of what I was thinking and close to Leedurs suggestion. Honest thoughts ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Broken Heart