Ear Pain

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

ginala2002

Ear Pain

Post by ginala2002 » December 26th, 2017, 4:53 am

I haven't introduced myself yet but am up late worrying about a symptom I'm having. I had a pacemaker/defibrillator "installed" about 4 days ago for AFib. My inner ears have been painful since. Does anyone know if this is related to meds or anything else?
-Gina

luvmydogs

Re: Ear Pain

Post by luvmydogs » December 26th, 2017, 9:30 am

I had some jaw pain which I attributed to the meds, but not specifically ear pain. It was more like my jaw started to ache after chewing a few bites. I don't remember anyone else saying anything about it. I would suggest having it checked out, or at the very least call your cardiologist/EP office since it's so soon after implant.

Does it feel like an ear infection?

Let us know the outcome.
Joanne (aka Jo)

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » December 26th, 2017, 9:46 am

howdywelcome
I have not heard of anything like the ear pain either. Sometimes we do get issues not related to the ICD and just blame it as it was just placed in our bodies. You may have picked up a virus or just have one of those ear aches.
Take it easy and tell us a little more about why you needed the ICD.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

ginala2002

Post by ginala2002 » December 26th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Thanks you all. I put a call into my Dr. office and hope to hear back soon.
After going to the doctor for lightheadednews, I was sent to the hospital with Vtah. The paperwork I received upon leaving the hospital with a PM/Defib says, V tech, Ventricular tachycardia (paroxysmal), and Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy. I’m still educating myself on all this.
-Gina

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 26th, 2017, 1:26 pm

ginala2002 wrote:
December 26th, 2017, 12:32 pm
After going to the doctor for lightheadednews, I was sent to the hospital with Vtah. The paperwork I received upon leaving the hospital with a PM/Defib says, V tech, Ventricular tachycardia (paroxysmal), and Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy. I’m still educating myself on all this.
doctors go to med school just to learn Latin so they can impress patients and justify high fees.

V-Tach is short hand for Ventricular Tachycardia, and tha simply means the Ventricles (bottom chambers of the heart) are beating fast.

Non-ischemic Cardiomyopathy just means the heart muscle is damaged and somewhat enlarged. Its due to electrical issues in this case.

Nothing magical right? You could have told thrm your heart sometimes beats fast and somethings wrong.

And we don't even charge
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » December 26th, 2017, 11:04 pm

The good news in that gobbledygook is that they used the term "non-ischemic," which means your arteries are clear and you don't need a plumber to open any of them up.
dancee
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

garya

Post by garya » December 27th, 2017, 4:44 am

There are not a lot of clues to go. I've know pain radiating through an ear and or down the jaw can reflect a form of angina. That is rare and usually means your internal wiring is screwed up. You suggest BOTH inner ears are affected so I would think that discomfort is unrelated unless they may have used earbuds during the procedure.

Probably worth asking the doctor to get off his ass and do something even if he says there is nothing to do.