2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

freckles1880

Welcome ginala2002 (Gina)

Post by freckles1880 » December 30th, 2017, 9:59 am

ginala2002 wrote:
December 29th, 2017, 7:48 pm
Hi,
My name is Gina. On 12/14/17 I went to my GP with what I thought might be a inner ear infection. I had been experiencing lightheartedness and feeling easily winded. Before I had time to even think, they had called an ambulance to take me to the hospital because I was experiencing ventricular tachycardia. They admitted me, did some testing (echocardiogram, stress test, blood, etc). They started me on Magnesium and a beta blocker and sent me home the next evening. The next day I ended up back in the ER with same symptoms. They again admitted me for ventricular tachycardia. I went through more testing and apparently along with VT, I have non ischemic cardiomyopathy. They start me on meds. The meds lower my heat rate so they decide to implant a pacemaker/defib. Once that's in, they are able to control the VT with meds and the pacemaker manages my heat rate. They don't know why this happened, possible virus, but from what I can tell that's the default answer. I was released from the hospital on 12/22/17. I've been feeling OK, tired. Find my emotions are a bit up and down. I had the first Dr Appt to check my implant and apparently no VT; the pacemaker is correcting 85% of the time.

I am 61 and have 2 daughters (31 & 2 yrs old), and a grandson. I am married, and my wife is 19 years younger. This feels like it came out of nowhere and I am still reeling, worried, hopeful and tired. Glad to have found this forum. Reading people's stories makes me feel less alone and more hopeful.
howdywelcome :armdown: Until your doctors say you can raise it. Still use it though.
We don't always know when the body is going to decide to start to fail on us. It is good that you were able to get to the doctors and at least get some closure. Hopefully you will be able to find out the "why". I would ask the doctors what are the odds you children may have an issue in the future, if it can be gene related.

Please ask up anything about the ICD and we will try to help you.
wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

DebW

Re: Welcome ginala2002 (Gina)

Post by DebW » December 30th, 2017, 11:04 am

So sorry to hear what you have gone through Gina. But, it does sound like you are on the right track. Sending healing thoughts your way.
:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:

ginala2002

Re: Welcome ginala2002 (Gina)

Post by ginala2002 » December 30th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome!
-Gina