Update on my condition

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Heartbroke

Update on my condition

Post by Heartbroke » December 31st, 2017, 11:27 am

Hi everyone it's been awhile so I will give a update Nov 27 I woke up feeling bad I knew my heart rate was up so I called 911 well when I got in the ambulance my heart rate was 160 so they took me to my local hospital I stayed there for 5 hrs nothing they did could get it down so at 2 pm that day they took me to Emory saint Joseph's in atlanta I was immediately put in ccu at 7 pm they finally got my heart to drop after a bolus of lowpressore 5 drs came in to see me the next morning my electrophysiologist first the afib came back he said I may have to have another ablasion. Well my cardiologist and a thoracic heart surgeon came in an hour later and told me I had six to twelve weeks to live without surgery so Dec 5 I had open heart surgery to put in a lvad I did great during surgery I'm still in alot of pain but the lvad has has been a blessing! I have the heart ware 3 in me with it I have no heartbeat. If anyone has questions about lvads or what it's like to have one feel free to ask and it's doing 99 percent of my heart function so now only 1 percent of my heart is actually working it's been a life saver and yes I still have my pacemaker and diffibrillator. dancehearts

KansasAl

Re: Update on my condition

Post by KansasAl » December 31st, 2017, 2:11 pm

Good for you! You seem to have a good attitude about it all. I know you've had it beaten into your head about driveline care. Believe it. I had a driveline sticking out for 4.5 years and you can't slack off on your dressing changes. Infection is your worst nightmare now. Other than that, live long and live well.

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » December 31st, 2017, 4:43 pm

wowwow You have had a wild past two months. It looks like they now have your heart under control. I pray that things will get better now and you can get back to your normal.

Please do keep us up on how things are going.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

DebW

Post by DebW » December 31st, 2017, 7:42 pm

Happy to hear you are doing better!!! Sending hugs and good vibes your way
:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:

blueraider

Post by blueraider » January 2nd, 2018, 8:11 pm

So thankful surgery did well. I’m sure you will do well with the LVad as it seems you’ve got a positive outlook and that does more for recovery than anything. Keep us posted and know we are praying for the best outcome.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » January 3rd, 2018, 2:05 pm

Great to hear you are doing well and on the road to recovery. As KrazyAl szid infection is the critical issue so stay on top of things. Good luck
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375